Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I've got a 1.3 cdti c (69bhp) and thinking of how to get more power out of the little engine.
My first thought was to get injectors and turbo out of the bigger 1.7 diesel then getting the car mapped to those new parts. Reckoned I might get around 110-115 bhp.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
DanG### (where #=digits I can't remember) might give you some ideas. He has that engine in his Combo and was planning a swap out but now working along upping what it has.

Another area to research is that this is a Fiat engine and, I believe, the world's most-manufactured small diesel. It powers a pile of cars in the Indian market and I remember glancing through threads where derv-heads discuss the effectiveness and reliability of tune ups. English is the Lingua Franca on those fora so no need for Translate. Unless you're particularly keen on keeping everything GM, it might be that the Fiat parts bin (1.9 JTD) is worth a rummage.

Other than that, my only use is the virtual tea, Hobnob and encouragement. Welcome to CCUK also comes as standard.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oh, one actually useful mechanical occurs to me. If you get into 100+ ponies, the standard intercooler isn't all that. I put the 1.3 IC on my 1.7Di, which theoretically moved it from 65 to 75hp and it was very noticeable, but I also noticed that the oomph tailed off significantly in Malaga's 30+C August. If your boosting sucks in more air, the pretty modest IC might become a bit of a limiter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts