Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever had any probs with their car batteries?? Because mines gone flat twice now and had to jump start it to get it going in the last 2 weeks.

Should I fork out for a new high power battery or something like that from Halfords? Or could there be another problem with my car thats causing it to run flat so quickly?

The cars only 19 months old so the battery shouldn't be dead already! I've got my amp running a 10" sub in the boot, but hasn't caused any probs before.

:?

Anyone upgraded their battery - is it worth it or do I go to Vaux and see about getting a replacement battery for it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
u should go to a garage and get them chek if ur battery is getting charged....they have a tool that can tell...and if it isnt getting charged it will be sumthing wrong with the alternator or sumthing? so it wont be ur battery needed change.........but could be other way round!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kool - I'll pop into Vauxhall tomorrow or something then and see what they say. Would it cost me if it was the alternater that had gone? If it was the battery they'd probs say not under warranty as I've got my amp power kit wired up to it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
well....i suppose that would make them say no to replacing it under warranty....or u could just unhook them all and hide the bits till its dun?...other wise go to a diff garage

i dont think it would cost much up to a hundred at most....in the hardest cases! i think

·
Registered
729 Posts
Now I'm not sure of this but...

Firstly, I'm assuming you wired up your amp to a permanent supply? Well even when you're not using it it will be taking juice so it could be an explanation why your battery is going flat.

Secondly, and this is what I'm not sure on, I would have though that the amp should have had a permanent supply AND a switched supply. The switched supply should normally be wired to the ignition so the amp is only switched on when the ignition is on and hence no drain on the battery.

Although saying that, if it's just started doing it, then your battery must be weak in some way so it needs checking out. And no, batteries won't be covered under warranty.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chewy - good info mate, never knew it was covered for 3years (I should start reading the manual :lol: )

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
it don't tell you in the manual i went to buy one £26 for a new one by the way and the parts bloke looked at my car and said hang on a minute it's 2 years old and got the masterfit to put a new one on for free

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mine nearly went flat

starter motor had no power wot so evs, then left it for ten minutes n it just started after a bit of mutual perswasion on da pedal 8)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chewy - woops, wont bother reading it then :lol: - you do know everything though - oh and the cars looking good mate, the gf loves it......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: - my gf says it looks good kitted up in red.....

she hated my car colour when i first got it - likes it now though, but still prefers yours....

You will meet her when we meet up mate :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it sorted now :D Mate works at halfords so got a deal on a new high power battery - and they fitted it too.

Just gotta re-program all my radio stations again now :|

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
nono!.your battery might just need topping up. im pretty sure that all your battery needs is to be topped up with water. make sure its DISTILLED tho! you can buy distiled from halfords i think or maybe a shell garage.
i have had probems with this on other vehicles. just top it up with water in the chambers at the top of the batery :)

oh u sorted it now, what have you done with your old battery?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R14lST said:
nono!.your battery might just need topping up. im pretty sure that all your battery needs is to be topped up with water. make sure its DISTILLED tho! you can buy distiled from halfords i think or maybe a shell garage.
i have had probems with this on other vehicles. just top it up with water in the chambers at the top of the batery :)

oh u sorted it now, what have you done with your old battery?
Old battery is sitting ion my garage at the moment. The new one is meant to last longer so you could run your stereo for 20-30 mins without having the engine running or it might be longer than that cant remember what it said on the battery.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thought you could run your Headunit for that long anyways??? - im alwys running mine for 10/15mins without the engine running..... when the gf is in the shops etc....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Noonster19 said:
Thought you could run your Headunit for that long anyways??? - im alwys running mine for 10/15mins without the engine running..... when the gf is in the shops etc....
Yer not sure on the actual times but its meant to last longer than a standard battery.

·
Registered
729 Posts
R14lST said:
You shouldn't need to top up modern batteries as they are sealed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts