Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit front fogs onto a Corsa c facelift 'energy' model???

If so what else do i need? Where do i get the lights from and is the wiring already there??

Cheers Adam.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
good question you could do yes with all the extra parts from vauxhall, u wud need new lower grilles with fog holes, fog light themselves which may be quite expensive each, brackets etc to mount the fogs onto your grille as well as wiring/cables, ask about that at your local vx mate

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hi mate, i done this to my old shape corsa c ages ago.

the wiring was not already on the car.. and the foggies cost me bout 40 odd quid each from vaux..

i then just ran my own wriring to the battery then to a switch outa halfords..

lot cheaper and easier than tryin to do it the vauxhall way.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Its true, fixing standard vx fogs to corsa w/o fogs can be tricky, I got quoted £150 from vx for the whole fog kit and on top of that £66 per hour just to have it fitted by them. not to mention 1/2 days worth of work. Its easier the way scottb said, get a switch from halfords.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Wel I just got me some foggies, and I have a grill to fit em in! Just gotta look at a haynes and I'll get wiring! Oh, I'll need a switch, but to be correct, I think I'll buy a Vx one.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Ive got the switch and the fogs, but Ive asked a number of times at Vx and they cannot get hold of any wiring! Let us know if you can get hold of the wiring?? I may have to wire them in a different way. They have been on my car for ages but I have never been able to turn them on :(

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just make it up as you go along. Some eletricians tape and some heatshrink will waterproof the externals.

I will give it a bash and let you know how I get on, but I might do it in stages. i.e. fit them first, then wire em later. So it could be a week or three

BTW where did you get you switch from?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Any one tried a scrap yard for the bits and pieces? Switches and wiring etc must be pretty easy to get hold of second hand as they are likely to get written off! :?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Got he switch from Vaux, the proper SXI/SRI one. You cant get just the switch though you have to buy the whole unit with the additional switch in it. It plugs straight in

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, I know. Just ordered it today, along with an SRi Lower grille and a boot handle and paint. Don't know a defo price yet, as my discount is variable it would seem! :lol:

Looks like I'm going to be very busy next weekend fitting lot and lots of things! Cheers Shinobi :thunbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The lamps screw into the grille, so when you add the grille, you have somewhere to put your lamps onto. Three self tappers, 3/4" x 12 should do ya and you'll need six altogether

1 - 16 of 16 Posts