Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

This is my first post in this forum. All help much appreciated!

Issue: Front windshield wipers on son’s Opel Corsa 1.2 2003 have stopped working. He forgot to turn wipers off when parking. Big freeze hit (yes far North) several days later. I turned car on and left running to thaw. Several minutes later realized that wipers were on when they begun moving as ice on windshield melted. Movement was slow and after a few strokes the wipers died positioned in the middle of the windshield.

Step 1: I checked the F23 fuse visually but no apparent problem. Also tried swapping around fuses just to ensure that fuse not an issue.

Step 2: Bought a cheap second hand wiper engine at a scrap yard (speculating on engine failure) and also picked up a multimeter.

Step 3: Dismantled plastic panels as well as wiper arms to access the wiper engine.

Step 4: Connected new engine to power cable but would not work. Checked cable with multimeter but no power … I can hear relay “clicking” when changing the wiper speeds etc in the car. I can also measure 12V continuous power on the position of the F23 fuse.

Step 5: I am stuck … Any ideas on how to proceed greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have no hands on experience on this matter, but just in case...

- A relay can "click"(actuate) but not close the circuit(i.eg. blackened contactors). But both relays at the same time...not likely...

- The wire that takes the power to the wiper motor has it's core broken at some point.

Don't take my word for it, but that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no hands on experience on this matter, but just in case...

- A relay can "click"(actuate) but not close the circuit(i.eg. blackened contactors). But both relays at the same time...not likely...

- The wire that takes the power to the wiper motor has it's core broken at some point.

Don't take my word for it, but that's all I can think of.
Thx - will Continental digging. Hopefully not a cable issue …

1 - 3 of 3 Posts