Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my 2006 Corsa C. I would love to put coil overs on the car and widen the wheels to give it a more flush look and potentially lower it as well. What is the best way to go about this? And has anyone else done a similar job to their Corsa?

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why? If it's a daily driver just run it, your going to chuck more than the cars value on parts alone

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
One cheap way of making the arches look more filled is to look for a set of D alloys. My Combo Tour has C SXi alloys with a 49 offset and D alloys with a 44 (iirc) offset and, despite both being 185/55/15 shod, the Ds look more flush.
16"s look better, even without lowering, but they are harder to find cheap unless very ratty. A set with duff tyres will keep the price down, and you'll want to change the usual 195/55 to 195/45 anyway.
The four-studs (obv, the five-studs are no use) are 4x100, with the same centre bore as the C.
Used coilovers don't sell for cheap, IME, but you might see 30mm lowering springs in good condition at a reasonable price, or get some new. Personally, I think it is a good enough improvement in stance without killing the ride comfort (YMMV) to make the expense and bother of coilovers questionable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One cheap way of making the arches look more filled is to look for a set of D alloys. My Combo Tour has C SXi alloys with a 49 offset and D alloys with a 44 (iirc) offset and, despite both being 185/55/15 shod, the Ds look more flush.
16"s look better, even without lowering, but they are harder to find cheap unless very ratty. A set with duff tyres will keep the price down, and you'll want to change the usual 195/55 to 195/45 anyway.
The four-studs (obv, the five-studs are no use) are 4x100, with the same centre bore as the C.
Used coilovers don't sell for cheap, IME, but you might see 30mm lowering springs in good condition at a reasonable price, or get some new. Personally, I think it is a good enough improvement in stance without killing the ride comfort (YMMV) to make the expense and bother of coilovers questionable.
I am ready to share my experience in suspension, wheels and tires. I went through a big transition 13,14,15,16 inches. the higher I upload the collage, the more I increase the stability at the expense of comfort (provided that I want sports - I get what I want).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts