Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have constant issues with this corsa c.whats happening now is when I accelerate and take foot of pedal and accelerate again I get a knock noise only one loud knock. I have fitted new drive shaft on passenger side new inner tie rods and tie rod ends also new drop links

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it's pulling violently to left and right when going just over 50mph I did notice a wishbone that looks like it's very worn check it out never seen one this bad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks like you need a pair of lower arms.
They are not very expensive. Found a pair with 2 years warranty delivered for £16 in the summer on ebay.
They normally creak a lot when they are this bad. Not as noticable in the wet though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The only time I've seen this was at a scrap yard on a car that drove in(was moved to the yard on a truck) but had failed the MOT on ALOT of welding at both front arms rotted like the above. Also pretty common on Corsa D and Fiat Punto cars

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't afford a new car so my only choice is repair unfouturnatly or it would go scrap yard.underneath looks ok and only faults or loud engine and suspension

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I bet it drives better 😂
I would advise getting the tracking checked now with all the work you have done to the front suspension.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Good news, and replacing the pair is a good thing. Doing one usually means doing the other one sooner rather than later and in the meantime it's like walking with only one shoe re-heeled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cars better tracking does need doing.only remamaing issue is handbrake light keeps coming off and on especially when I break

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
And possibly the pads are low, requiring that bit more effort of the fluid, iirc, you got this car recently? It makes sense to have a good look over the system and keep an eye out for leaks if it does need topping up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything is topped up and the pads are newish.i thought it maybe a dodgy handbrake cable

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
check the switch under the gaiter on the lever. seen these full of all kinds of crud and sticking.
gaiter just unclips and lifts up.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yes even I've replaced my gaiter (for the perf leather) and I'm a moron; it's a few minutes to get off and you'll have eyeballs on. Your suspicion is a good bet for investigating, and it's reassuring that the flashing light isn't something more ominous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts