Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
It's been I while since I posted but hope someone can help with brother's Corsa C 2004, 1.2 petrol.

Since he bought the car the key fob remote locking hasn't worked. The fob was faulty on the buttons. He bought a replacement key complete with chip and asked me to program the key and sort it as I had Op.com.

Did all that Programmed the chip with no problems but the car refuses to let the key synchronise even though OP-com says the key is transmitting. I've followed the usual advice - checked fobbed batteries, insert the key, turn ignition on and press the the lock button and nothing happens. Doors are closed and locked, windows closed and still nothing happens. What am I missing????
Mike

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,343 Posts
Did you program both the transponder chip & pcb circuit board?

They are two different things to program

Is it a China copy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thanks for the reply. The Vaux.com I am using was purchased through this forum so I am not sure if it's a china copy or not. I assume so. It is version 160115a. I programmed the transponder key chip via the immobiliser. section. There was no mention of programming the PCB in the guides I have read or on you tube. After programming the chip everything said just to insert the key, turn ignition on, and press the lock button on the fob to synchronise. How do I program the PCB??? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
This doesn't answer your question, but might be of anecdotal use. I transferred my electronics to an aftermarket flip (sorry Pugh, bought one just days before your thread) but didn't realize that the transponder is off-board so my flick-plip had the blade, board and buttons but no transponder. It remotely locked and unlocked fine but would attempt to start the engine then kill it and light up the EMLs. I could still get out and lock up with the plip. Then I realized the transponder was stuck in the old key case near the blade and it worked completely fine once transferred. I didn't try the windows while it was out, though.

My point is, if I could lock and unlock the car without a transponder chip in the fob, that's not very secure, is it? Anyone could buy a used or Chineebay fob and board, open the car up, steal my stash of Mentos and take a dump on my back seat. There must be some form of recognition between the main board and the immobilizer/ECU going on to prevent that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for your replies. Following Pugh's advice, I searched a little more and found the key remote programming section under the BCM. Car keys have now been programmed, synchronised and working until the next issue comes up.
thanks again to all Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts