Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 Corsa 1.2 today via a friend. great condition only 64k miles, 12 months MOT

Only 2 little issues, from bumper corner cracked and drivers seat has a tear.

so...

I'm not a fan of eBay so is there a good place to source another bumper ?
What about the seat..any suggestions..happy to use covers but most seem rubbish..

..then

where is the best place on the forum or other site where I can see what mods can be done. I know its never going to be any faster , just to add some extra style

cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
Give Vauxhall parts UK a call, they're located in Fife, Scotland, mainly a vauxhall breaker.

Try Scrap A Car Scotland too.

You can get parts from local breakers and fit them yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough...any suggestions for simple add-ons inside/outside that can be added/removed
d ?

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,339 Posts
welcome to ccuk

&local scrap yards

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hello, congrats, welcome. Bumper is easy and cheap, depending on location and colour. Cal mentions Scotland a coupla times - if that's where you are it can make collecting a bit difficult. Easiest colours are Star Silver and Z20R Black Sapphire (post up your colour code) but others are around and, unless you're in a hurry, ignore anything over £50. Personally, I would replace the pre-facelift bumper (if you have it) for the post-2003 facelift, but personal taste. Don't bother with tacky/expensive seat covers; whole interiors can barely be given away and are a pretty easy swap. Half-leather and full leather (Exclusiv) don't cost much but the leather's not the most robust and you'll see many have rubbing or torn seams on the driver's bolster nearest the door.

Cruise control (not allowed on my 1.7Di, grr) as Marks152 suggests, an auto-dimming rear view mirror, as MarkoM has recently written up. You might get ideas from the "Your Corsa C - Progress Area" section. Some real engineering types have done brain-hurting mods there but people like me, Peps and others have just modestly fiddled with their bits. Depends on what trim level yours is. Tigra armrest, Tigra 'boomerang' centre console things, SXi/SRi alloy/rubber footpedals, white dials, silver trims - all very do-able and you can leave sad, nightly ebay scrolling to me, as that's what passes for a social life in my case.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
That's what I got from Marks152, Liviu; the y17dt/dtl ecu wasn't set up to accept CC but the z17dth was. I don't want to hijack this thread, but if the replacement stalk can be activated with my DTi, that will become my #1 project in spring before I set off for Malaga in it. Please confirm, and I'll new thread/continue on my thread.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
There is no option to program it on the y17dt engines. Looked with opcom and tech2 and no option available for this engine unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If Liviu's right, I'd be keen on the info-sharing because I'd be driving your way, Marks. I'm a blimmin' disaster with Opcom and Renault-thing; don't want to turn my Tour into a non-mover (or worse, permanently stuck at 70mph). Properly paid, natch, not trying one on for cheaps.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I thought I'd looked in the Astra g menu. Must have missed it. Ill try check again when I get a minute. Be great if it could be turned on. I can see your next project coming lol.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Rubs hands. Already looking at the stalks. I didn't want to stick my unqualified nose in, but a new Febi stalk on ebay did have the engine down on its compatibility list (not that that always means anything, but I'm hopeful). Pity I passed up on £13 stalk that wasn't described as CC, but clearly was, a while back. Not going on any gap-year soon, I hope Marks?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
You were spot on livi. Astra g y17dt is supported. Not sure how I missed that. Could have sworn I'd checked it. Oh well, good news for our y17dt man.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just to be very clear: ecu software must be corsa c combo c, otherwise won’t accept bcm commands on canbus. But activation has to happen in opcom astra g menu. Just because who made opcom copied tech2 menus and never considered the backdoors.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Brilliant, thanks to both of you. Sorry to have diverted, smallzoo, but CC is very useful. If you can upload pics of interior+exterior (Imgur account makes that easy, I advise blanking out number plate) then I'd be happy to suggest good bang for the buck upgrades.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts