Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes a Corsa C "Sport" a sport and what makes "GSI" a GSI?

The reason I ask is that mine has a Sport badge on the doors and the other Corsa C I looked at buying had a GSI sticker on the doors.

Can someone please explain the diference to me?

Or should I remove the "SPORT" badge?

I do also plan on removing the "OPEL" and "CORSA" badges on the back later this year and going for a cleaner look, I do plan on keeping my car a few years.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
What makes a Corsa C "Sport" a sport and what makes "GSI" a GSI?

The reason I ask is that mine has a Sport badge on the doors and the other Corsa C I looked at buying had a GSI sticker on the doors.

Can someone please explain the diference to me?

Or should I remove the "SPORT" badge?

I do also plan on removing the "OPEL" and "CORSA" badges on the back later this year and going for a cleaner look, I do plan on keeping my car a few years.
I'm guessing they're equivalent to Exclusiv/SXi trim levels?

Opels are badged differently to Vauxhalls, even if it's the same trim level

Which had leather seats? Both?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks like SXi and SRi respectively

its gonna be cosmetic, different rear spoiler, different alloys and different mirrors on the GSi, but if ours are anything to go by, the interiors will be near identical

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
In the UK, the GSi badging died out before the facelift. I recently saw a 2000 UK GSi for sale and clicked on it. Shocked to see manual window winders. I have some links to Vx brochures that I can send if you're interested to see/read the trim levels. As mentioned, Vx and Opel trim levels and specs vary according to their markets. My Combo Tour was for Spain, so it had AC but even SXi Corsas didn't necessarily have AC for the UK market. The CDR2005 isn't original (as Peps suspected when he saw its silver fascia though my vent surround and heater panel were grey). I've got the original Spanish docs on me and there's a booklet for the CAR radio cassette which someone must have swapped out many years ago.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, nothing special really?

I guess mine is just one of many black 3 door Corsa C's then.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
From the pics in your introduction thread, your Sport is quite well specced - particularly inside. AC and heated seats must be peculiar to Scandinavia; the only time I see both on UK Cs is the Exclusiv with full leather seats (which I know can be uncomfortably cold to jump into during a UK winter). Brushed metal door handles, gearknob and handbrake, electric windows and mirrors, white dials and the CDR2005. Strange that your vent and heater control surrounds weren't also silver coloured, as they would be on a higher trim level in UK. Yours doesn't have the alloy and rubber foot pedals, although they could have got worn down and slippy (especially after high kms) and replaced for rubbers by an owner at some point.

Outside, you have alloys and front fogs, but the lack of a spoiler is bit surprising for something given a Sport trim label.

·
Registered
2001 Opel Corsa Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the end, there will only be a few more changes to the outside, my goal is to create a Irmscher Corsa replica, (if I can find the parts I need), tinted windows, new facelift headlights and shiny paint (hopefully without needing a respray).

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
In the UK, the GSi badging died out before the facelift. I recently saw a 2000 UK GSi for sale and clicked on it. Shocked to see manual window winders. I have some links to Vx brochures that I can send if you're interested to see/read the trim levels. As mentioned, Vx and Opel trim levels and specs vary according to their markets. My Combo Tour was for Spain, so it had AC but even SXi Corsas didn't necessarily have AC for the UK market. The CDR2005 isn't original (as Peps suspected when he saw its silver fascia though my vent surround and heater panel were grey). I've got the original Spanish docs on me and there's a booklet for the CAR radio cassette which someone must have swapped out many years ago.
You got a link to the UK market brochure for 2005/2006?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

These two auctions for2006 brochures ended some time ago and have not been relisted, but the pictures are still viewable for now

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts

These two auctions for2006 brochures ended some time ago and have not been relisted, but the pictures are still viewable for now
According to that brochure my 0-60 should be 15s, it's closer to a minute right now, I think I need to fix my engine 😅

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yes the 3pot is <60hp new and poss nearer 50 over time. My Di was 65hp (but more torque) and the IC has transformed it in the join-the-motorway acceleration.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
101 Posts
Yes the 3pot is <60hp new and poss nearer 50 over time. My Di was 65hp (but more torque) and the IC has transformed it in the join-the-motorway acceleration.
I'll do a pull when I find my damn OBD2 reader, I've moved house four or five times since I last used it

O2 sensor is blown so I'm only running at 70% or so anyway, guess that puts me right around 35 horses?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I didn't, but I'm not surprised. The B (but not C) GSi has some mythical-status bidding on ebay. Presumably for souping, but I wouldn't know as the B's not a car I've ever had a thing for :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts