Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to the forum. I’m hoping someone can help me. I went to replace the water pump on my mates corsa but it turns out there are different pumps. So I ordered the wrong one but it seems like it would still fit or I’m hoping so. Can anyone tell me if they are interchangeable or do I have to order the same as is on this car. Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
796 Posts
Supposing you talk about the motor, and without knowing what motor we are talking about, I would say yes, you need it, since in the DTI they change in distance from the axis and blades, unless someone tells you that it works for you, but not we know what engine you have

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it really is necessary to know the car's engine type and the year of the car otherwise we're in the dark.
Hi sorry it’s the CORSA AGILA 1.2 16V Z12XE Year 05 . This one has a pump that has the sensor moulded onto the top and the other type has a small plate that detaches with the sensor on it. They seem almost identical apart from this and was wondering if anyone knew if they fitted before I dismantled everything. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It almost fitted on but a couple of bolts were missing on this one even though it told me it was right by the reg. I had to order another and look at the pictures to find the right one. Weird. Now I’m stuck with a spare pump that apparently fits a corsa. Every time I do a job on this car there’s some sort of problem. I’ll be glad when my mate gets rid of it. Thanks anyway guys.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Sorry I didn't have the knowledge to help out. If it's any consolation, I have a 2005 Modus and a 2006 Focus that both straddle these annoying "up to" and "after" dates that even entering the reg # doesn't get right (although it does help with return for refund). Rear wiper on the Modus and (more irritating) CSC on the Focus have been my bricks in the nuts for parts ordering.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
With your car being a 2005 I would have thought it would have the z12xep engine as that came out in late 2003 early 2004 in the UK.

But as you have found out there are 2 different water pumps which are not interchangeable on the 1.2's.

Euro car parts are not very good at suppling the right parts first time even when the reg is given.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts