Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a leak through the servo.got it fixed but not carpet in footwell soaked and stinking now.cut the carpet to roll back to hopefully dry.had to take the underlay part off too.put heater on full blast when in it.cant leave windows open as have to park in the street.anyone know who replaces and fits carpets at all.live in Nottingham area.any suggestions would be a great help.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
There is not much can do. Had as thing happened to me just used a shampoo cleaner with anti mould. Sucked up water and left window s open a touch with a fan heater on the areas. Did the trick but took a few days to dry out. No smell or anything after using carpet cleaner. Won’t be leaking there again has sealant used on mini subs around it lol.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Take the carpets and under lay foam out and hang up to dry or replace them with a set from another Corsa C.
I leave them out of the car for a week or so to let some air into the car to be sure its dry inside. Carpets can take a few weeks to dry out fully. Longer if left in the car. No simple fix for this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I pulled the carpet to the sides and every few hours blast the heater through it.cant do it all day as parking not outside my home but thanks for the hints everyone

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Used Corsa C full carpets do come up on ebay around £30-50. It might be worth replacing it compared to the effort involved if you try to air yours in the street.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I fitted household carpets after having my original carpets soaked by the heater matrix. As long as your servo is sealed and all the creases are neat and kept tight It adds alot of comfort and a taste of uniqueness that I guess not many other people have done.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
That's a good job you've done there. I know that I would probably make a complete hash of it, no matter how much I took measurements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When i had my first corsa years ago i had the same issue , honestly the best thing i ever did with that problem was to borrow a carpet cleaner and use the suction part to suck the water out of the carpet form the the bottom side not the top then just use a hair dryer or heater m8 its takes a while bit thats what i done. Funny enough i bought a second corsa about a month ago for a cheap run about and it had the wet carpets done the job today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts