Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Already posted this on VXON, but posting this here in case anyone has ideas, but doesn't use that forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still trying to diagnose issues with a pedal sensor. Seems to be server overlapping but related problems. The issue manifests as bad 5V, Ground or Signal voltage from the pedal to ECU, but varies after cleaning re-plugging X1

Connector X1 in BCM housing under scuttle is definitely intermittent. Anyone know how to remove the housing & loom, so I can check the wire crimps & maybe solder them ? Pins & sockets have all been cleaned with WD contact Cleaner several times.

I have bridged the two 5V together, and two 0V feeds together at The pedal, which helps a bi but things are still intermittent.

Also anyone know which pins correspond to Sensor 1 & 2 ? Pedal sensor voltages in ECU via OpCom do not match measured voltages. The two sensor voltages vary from 0.99v to 3.9v and 0.49v to 1.95v using multimeter. ECU values in OpCom are 0.47v to 2.04v, and 0.27v to 2.08v. This does not make sense given the 0V & 5V feeds come from the ECU.

Otherwise the engine runs well, and starts every time. I just cannot get rid of Limp Mode.

I'm almost at the point of running 6 new wires from the pedal to the ECU !!

·
Registered
712 Posts
With the multimeter you will only see the wiring without resistance, the multimeter does not impose resistance so it can measure 12v on a battery and be dead, I vote to try another pedal that is the simplest, if you remain the same, replace the branch, the only one you try cable by cable or check them for limescale, but I also suspect wiring

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried another pedal. Had same voltage mismatch between ECU & actual measured at the pedal. Next step will be to measure the voltage at the ECU connector.

I definitely see variations in faults when wriggling connector X1 in the BCM housing.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you twist the connector and the voltage varies, the connector fails, try to apply a sandpaper and aoretsr the connectors, test dielectric liquid

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
This is a screen shot from TIS of a Corsa C throttle pedal if it helps? I don't have TIS running on my new laptop yet to get any more detailed info.
Sounds like you have a poor connection in the BCM box, probably from water ingress at some point when the lid seal has failed?
There is also a plug in the right hand foot well behind the kick panel (assuming you have a right hand drive car?) I have seen these with poor connections in the past as well as a poor earth in the same area.
Rectangle Slope Line Parallel Font

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have TIS on WinXP virtual machine so have all the diagrams.

ideally I would remove BCM box & solder the crimps but can’t figure out how to remove the base section.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Once the BCM is unclipped using the latch on the top and unclipped the other 3 plugs you can pull up the big green clip near where the BCM was and separate the 2 halves of the base loom plugs. One of the BCM connectors has to be slid backwards I think then it all is clipped in to the base of the BCM box which stays bolted to the bulk head.
If you have TIS all the plug and connector disassembly info is on the hyper links when you right click on the X number on the schematics diagram.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Having found intermittent connections for the pedal sensor within the connector in BCM Box, plus another wire break, I ran a new 6-core cable from the ECU through the loom to the pedal. Cleaned the ECU connectors again.

Cleared the faults and the pedal is working again, so it was not the ECU itself.

64-pin ECU connector seems to be ok for now, but would prefer to replace the terminals as I suspect they are old & tired. Anyone know where to source replacement terminals or the entire connector ?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Glad you got it sorted with out to much trouble.
I would also like to know where to buy new terminals for the 64 pin ECU plugs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts