Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dpf warning signal recently came on in my cdti 95 se, does that mean it's blocked?

Abigail

Edit: Thank you for the help guys, I tried using a fuel additive and a hard drive down the motorway but it didn't shift it. I found the company below on google who are going to come have a look and clean it

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It might not be blocked, blocked, but it could be a warning. This is the Corsa C forum (2000-06) and it sounds like you have a later car. If it's still running normally, you could try a good blat down a fast road for a good while. Diesels with a dpf don't like lots of short, stop-start journies so a good run at 50mph or more and allow the revs to keep higher than you would normally in lower gears will help to get temperatures high enough to get the soot burnt off and blown out. It might be worth putting a dpf additive (about £14) in with the diesel before the run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also you could try using Shell V Power Diesel costs more but with the higher cetane rating and all the extra additives they put in it might help clear the dpf along with the use of a dpf cleaner and a good long run or 2 will hopefully clear it .
You can get a dpf force refreshed at some garages but this is a much more costly process .

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Or go for belt and braces while keeping at least one hand in your pocket. When I bought my used 1.7 diesel (no dpf) I checked for codes and got one referring to the egr. I'm not the type to get my lovely fingernails dirty if I can avoid it, so I got some pricey £14 Wynn's, half a tank of V Power and had a run down a motorway (there are 3 near me) for 20 mins keeping it in 4th much more than I would normally. The code went.

From then on, I took advantage of Tesco often halving the price of Redex to £2/bottle (almost never has that sale on nowadays, but it's almost permanently £2 for clubcard users). I routinely put half the bottle (£1) in each tankful and, yes my mileage is low and almost exclusively driving to Malaga or back, otherwise on the 80-100kmh road along the coast, but the oil that's drained out looks lovely (the first changed oil looked filthy even though it was ~6,000 miles) and the diesel filter just doesn't warrant a swap at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts