Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys, im fairly new to the forums so please bear with me!

Ive purchased a new cd player from ebay (Blaupunkt CD30)

Ive managed to get the old tape player out thats all fine, but the new one doesnt fit in correctly, there is like a plate in there which has a metal sliding holder in there either side

This does look like it can come out (ive undone the screw directly in the middle at the back but it wont budge!) also it looks like the electrical connectors on the back are different?

Its a 52 plate corsa!

So calling all experts! really need your help! Thanks Guys!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, exactly the same as its the same one in my moms corsa,

It will fit in the dash but apart from the (sort of) inner cage which i cant remove?

Also the back electrics are slightly different in the back of the corsa there is an extra electrical block but there isnt one in the new stereo?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
you might need a new cage as i think the tape player 1's are slightly different hence the not fitting in.

however, the CD30 might not work because they are coded into the ECU. so its a vauxhall jobby

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
the black cage needs to be bent and pulled out,

then the ISO block unscrewed and then the 3rd block if for the steering wheel controls,

then u fit the faica, then the cage, then plug in and play:)

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
so leave the facia plate bit out and do the rest, and aslong as its not from a facelift C it should work

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
i think mine was a CD2000R or something, i have it in 1 of my cupboards somewhere lol

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
yeah i think they are, you need the wiring for like £30 or something

i think it will be a different colour 2, unless his dash is black. they used 2 different colour silvers i think

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
if i was you id just buy an after market cd player. less messing about

even when you have got the CD30 in you will have to get it programmed into the ECU

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
i was thinking the same for the sake for 80 in halfords they have a sony 1 with MP3 and ipod playback, stick that in then u need the leads and facia plate but thats it, plus u get better sound quailty!

·
Registered
245 Posts
even when you have got the CD30 in you will have to get it programmed into the ECU
Am currently investigating into changing my CD30 atm. As it's CANBus and as far as I know coded to the ECU of the car it was originally supplied with, I doubt the OP will be able to fit it.

Get an aftermarket one, should plug straight in :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
i bought a canbus standard headunit for the corsa (didnt know it was canbus) ! tried fitting it but would wire correctly paid £80 off ebay for it.. ended up having to buy a cheap aftermarket headunit!
at 1st i thought the standard HU looked best but now ive changed my mind =)

went to halfrauds they said im stuffed jus like they always do

1 - 20 of 20 Posts