Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Had the senator on the road for a few weeks now awaiting getting a new car to replace my clio, and ive just got a 55 plate corsa cdti 1.3 diesel. Heres the details it ex driving school, 40k on clock, just been serviced but on the first day I drove it the engine warning light thing came on. Turns out it needs a new EGR valve. Done some research and its coke deposits on the injectors I believe.

Question is, could this be the result of a bigger underlying problem, or probably the fact is ex driving school so will have been tootled round the block and not at motorway speeds? I got it on saturday, light came on 30 mins later, should I just give them the keys back and why, or should I let them replace it under warranty and keep it? Im asking that because I managed to wangle £950 off the price and it took me ages to get this deal!

Would diesel redex help the problem at all?

To keep, or not to keep... That is the question!

cheers guys.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what the clock says mate and ive got the service history and rang the previous owner to ask him if it had any other probs they havent told me about!
Paid 6k for it if your interested.

Got any advice for me mate based on my above info?

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
You've probably got another 18 months of warrenty on it, so i wouldn't worry.
I would have avoided an ex learner car myself, but if its in good condition then just see how it goes. most things will be fixed for free under warrenty, apart from wear & tear items. How is the clutch on it?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have only driven this one so cant compare it to another same model, but it feels good, very light and the bite is quite low down. Can feel like a spinning vibration when stationary and clutch is down in gear, but according to reviews thats just a refinement isue on diesels. What should I be looking for with the clutch mate?

The dealer I got it from also guaranteed that any clutch problems including total failure will be fixed for free by them and is covered until the end of the warranty (3 year manufacturer + my 2 year extended warranty). I refused the car initially and bartered for the guarantee, since the car was shipped up from kent to sunderland they didnt seem keen to have to drive it back so gave me the guarantee I demanded!

cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The EGR valve isnt to big a problem really mate, i have had a couple of vauxhalls now and the egr valve went on one of mine, a freind in a vauxhall garage (helpful) said that it isnt anything to really worry about and they are simple to replace! And although its a learner car you probs have a got a good deal, there well looked after -its the instructors career so they dont skimp on keeping it looked after - no car- no money coming in! and besides its in warranty so wont cost you a thing

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive noticed when changing from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd when I dip the clutch just after fully releasing the throttle it shunts forward like a slingshot, if I dip the clutch without fully releasing the gas it changes without jolting forward.

When in 1st or 2nd suddenly letting go of the throttle makes the car jerk forward, is this normal? My clio didnt do this!

Had the Valve swapped for a new one also so it cant be that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.