Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to forum. I have a 1.4 petrol Automatic. It ran fine just before Christmas but ran flat on battery and now will not start.

The only lights on the dash are the engine light and the seatbelt light that comes on then disappears. engine turns over but does not start. I have checked and played with the plug behind the Dashboard. Tried both keys.
Other things not working are the door central locking, headlights, heater fan and radio. The electric windows and sunroof work fine.

I did think it was an immobiliser problem but cant see why that affects the heater fan and headlights etc, Any suggestions as I did not think the headlights should be affected by the immobiliser.

Thank

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Build year? Have you verified the fuses? Video of dash with contact off, put contact on, wait about 10s, crank the car for 5 seconds, upload on youtube and let me see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply. The build year is 2004.

A further update! A friend helped my move the car on a low loader to get it to off road and on a drive. Car again would not start but able get out of park and into neutral and winched on to low loader.
At the journey end jumped up to release the car down the ramps, placed the key in and display came to life. Turn key and car started first turn. Drove car of low loader and onto drive. Stopped the car removed the key then started it again no issue other than the engine maintenance light. Stopped the car then started with the other remote key and started and engine maintenance light cleared.
Started and stopped several time, lights working, central locking working, etc.

This feels like an imobaliser issue but doesn't seem to be the connector...may be i'm wrong! What your advice?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Upload the video as per Liviu's instructions. He can glean a lot more from that. Glad to hear that you're able to move the car now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts