Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a 1.7cdti SRI...... any condition .... the tastier the better. I'm bored and need another project to keep me occupied. (Also need something eco for the commute) .....

Message me if anyone has owt for sale/swaps for a 2004 l200 warrior.....

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good to see you again, DanG. We had a member on here (in Scotland) who for ages was looking for the engine, having bought an SRi with a duff headgasket. Did my best, but couldn't help with a decently priced lump north of the border and I wouldn't be surprised if he shelved the idea. Not that any of that helps you. I'll keep my sad, ebay-scrolling hobby pointed in your direction (I know your rough location) and flag anything up until you serve a cease and desist order (Gumtree I find ebay is busy ruining now they've taken it over but I'll rummage).

A 1.7CDTi SRi, as I said to our unfortunate Scottish chum, is just the C that I would have, of all the options.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Top of my screen is one nearer my part of the world. Aztec Gold, I think, but there is another similar shade (Yellow Punch) - both a Marmite shade. Trader at £500 with 12 months' MOT seems a little like a hunt under the superficially clean exterior might reveal something. Odd looking bonnet marks which, coincidentally, I've seen also on a same-colour selling 2-odd years ago and I believe there is still a bloke in W Mids trying to sell front end stuff in this colour.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
and I notice climate and a bigass (CID, GID?) screen. Piece of proverbial to add cruise to the CDTi - I even have a spare stalk.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey OZ, .... yea didn't take me long to be back on here. Yea if been looking at that one, it's in my watch list. I may take a mooch over and have a look at it at some point. It's also the higher powered 123hp version......

Yep, cruise would be good to!

Iv been playing around with a couple of turbos on a pals 1.7 cdti..... long story short, home made hybrid using the 1.9 as a donor (turbo specs somewhere) we had it run out of steam at 175hp with quite a large amount of torque. Dean, has sourced some larger injectors as we couldn't fuel enough on the standard ones.

Anyhow, my plan is to run a 1.7 and do some more development.

Hope you are keeping safe mate!!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I am safe, thanks. I gather that car dealers can open soon in June. If you're in a hurry, I can grab a random four-year-old and head straight over, because that makes all the difference to the rules, apparently. Serious mode; M/C is a lot less of a trek for me than you. I'm no Edd China, but I know what my nut-sweet DTi does and would notice obvious differences and also check all the stuff does what it should.

I'm assuming a timing belt fitted by Moses (and of course the standard Corsa driver parking ability on the alloys) but there's stuff I like, myself. It'd be an intriguing trip if you'd like me to take the half-hour scoot and report back.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here's that stuff I'm on about. Seller says Yellow Punch but I'm really sure it (and that SRi) are Aztec Gold. Yellow Punch is, er, yellower. Z40E is Aztec, 40K is Punch.

The front end bits are nearer your way than mine and I asked him once about a white bumper. He had some thing about only being around for collections in some slim 7pm window which was too much of a PITA for me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Epic find mate. For 495 quid, if it runs and ain't rotten then I'd be interested......

Hahaha, I'm a "Key worker" so lockdown hasn't really been lockdown for me too much

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am safe, thanks. I gather that car dealers can open soon in June. If you're in a hurry, I can grab a random four-year-old and head straight over, because that makes all the difference to the rules, apparently. Serious mode; M/C is a lot less of a trek for me than you. I'm no Edd China, but I know what my nut-sweet DTi does and would notice obvious differences and also check all the stuff does what it should.

I'm assuming a timing belt fitted by Moses (and of course the standard Corsa driver parking ability on the alloys) but there's stuff I like, myself. It'd be an intriguing trip if you'd like me to take the half-hour scoot and report back.
That would be good but is too much to ask mate.... especially during this pandemic(flue, cold, sniffles, new world order released virus to level world markets.....)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Not as much as you think. I've been back a month now from a country that knows how to lockdown. I scare the bejeezus out of everyone in Morrisons with my gloves and mask look, which I am perfectly comfortable doing checking a car out. If some geezer insists on sitting next to me as I press all the buttons and pull all the levers, they can foff. A test drive might not happen, but I can poke, prod and listen and confirm it's worth your trip or not.

Mustard mitt, I have a bit of a fascination for it. I actually like Aztec Gold and up-spec toys/gizmos (and 5 doors) but have no intention of buying a RHD at any price so it's an excuse for a look without getting my personal wallet involved. If it would definitely help you, don't feel too bad asking and I can PM you pics etc. I noticed (on 2nd look) a bit of a crack that would get my OCD going so maybe that £45 bumper + extras would have been part of my shopping list if it were my concern.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Oh, I later noticed your "epic find" earlier comment :) . In a forum full of people who know how to strip and fix, my one use to ccuk is that I have a nightly, sad, Corsa/Combo/Tigra search of everything and an equally sad memory for what I've seen stretching back months, even if it has no use to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea taking a look would be great!!

Gloves.... would have to change them everytime you touched anything new so I don't bother...... I must be a super spreader

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Depends on the situation. I have chuck away polythene (sweaty hands, yuk) more substantial ones that get a UV blast after use and, similarly, the 65p light medical and a more enclosing (scare the kids and everyone backs away) mask.
If they insisted I stay outside while their own bod operated the controls, it would be still worthwhile but I would think about some sort of thermometer. IME, faulty AC is as annoying and expensive to find and fix as any running issue.

I have an issue that's come up (I watched an uninvited mammal scurrying across my floor last night) but I will message the seller and find out more.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I had an X1/9, which is initially an easier way to get mid-engined rwd but is probably more work over the long term. OTOH, if you're as tree-hugging as I am, the X1/9 is biodegradable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fiat........

How can you be..... you don't drive a hybrid......

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Technically, it was a Bertone, as Fiat had lost interest in it by then and hot hatches (Uno Turbo at that time) were easier to punt out and sold better than rebodying for a coupe or roadster. Fun car, nice handling (no real go, but that's ok), but tiresomely high-maintenance. I returned to it after a long layoff in the garage and it was practically dust.

No reply to my "how do we do this?" message on ebay from the SRi seller. I hope I have some time to phone direct tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts