Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY , bear with me while I try explain ...

When driving, and I go above 58mph, 8/10 times my abs light comes on.
However . If I stay below 58mph . The abs stays off.

There's no issues with fluid or brakes.

Heres the weird thing.
Sometimes my indicators do not cancel themselves when turning .

If they cancel them self's after a turn. The abs light doesn't come on after 58mph.

But if I have to manually cancel the indicator, I know , and the abs light will and does come on after 58mph. Weird right .

The only thing I've changed is the power steering unit . As ours died.

Any advice or help ?

Thank youuu

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Electronic stability program, sometimes also called ESC (i.e., control) or dynamic stability control (DSC). If you don't know, give as much detail about your Corsa (year, engine, trim level - e.g., Comfort, Sxi etc). If it's a Corsa C (2000-06), I'll be able to look up in the sales brochures and, if not, I'll have a search hunt on the interweb.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’re on wrong forum. Corsa D. Steering angle sensor was supposed to be calibrated.
By any chance do you know if it has to be calibrated through a diagnostic machine?

Basically the power steering went . So we replaced the whole unit. Below is what we bought. Which all had same part numbers

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Before Liviu comes back (he knows all stuff Vauxhall-Opel), I'd just like to advise you to edit your most recent posts if possible (if not, contact moderator Andy-v). It's never a great idea to leave up on an open forum your registration and details about the make and model of your car (I'm pretty sure I can find the colour from MOT history) as it makes it easy for someone who's not keen on tax, insurance, speed limits and parking restrictions.

Liv can confirm, whereas I'm just speculating, but it's pretty common for post-2005 cars' electronic power steering to be programmed to the brains. The Corsa C might not, but the Corsa D probably does. I have a 2005 Renault Modus, basically a pumped up Clio 3, and I know that power steering failure is an expensive PITA because of the need for someone with the right software to make it work right. Nowadays, you should be able to find an independent with the Vx knowhow without having to pay dealership money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before Liviu comes back (he knows all stuff Vauxhall-Opel), I'd just like to advise you to edit your most recent posts if possible (if not, contact moderator Andy-v). It's never a great idea to leave up on an open forum your registration and details about the make and model of your car (I'm pretty sure I can find the colour from MOT history) as it makes it easy for someone who's not keen on tax, insurance, speed limits and parking restrictions.

Liv can confirm, whereas I'm just speculating, but it's pretty common for post-2005 cars' electronic power steering to be programmed to the brains. The Corsa C might not, but the Corsa D probably does. I have a 2005 Renault Modus, basically a pumped up Clio 3, and I know that power steering failure is an expensive PITA because of the need for someone with the right software to make it work right. Nowadays, you should be able to find an independent with the Vx knowhow without having to pay dealership money.
Thanks for the advice, as for the first bit. I'm not really fussed about car details.

Anyone that posts a car.. or sells a car and leaves the reg shown. Will just get as much details as the above posts. Same as make and model.

But thanks for the tip on 2nd bit =)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yes, diag tools needed. But before spending money on it, read the fault codes in the abs unit. Tyres dimensions all equal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts