Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a 58 plate corsa 1.2 losing water had the head gasket done had a part done to a fat pipe on the drivers side it kept going rock solid the pipe did when car got to temperature no leaks that can be seen done 1000 miles sins had all this done all of a sudden this light comes on again

well this light was why the gasket got done and this part by the pipe got done so after doing 1000 miles light keeps comming on and going off checked water this morning no water in it at all really stuck on what it could be now
Red a few of the forums and see people have had problems with the small bore hose comming from the water pump to the throttle body can anyone help me to what it could me I ain’t got much of a clue with cars either

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
The small pipe that fails will cause a big water leak that you would see.
Either the head gasket was not done right or you have a cracked block or head.
Remove the spark plugs, pressurise the cooling system with a pump then crank the engine over on the starter motor, if coolant comes out of the plug holes you have a major engine fault.
Another common fault is the EGR valve cooler failing, water goes into the exhaust or inlet and exhaust gasses go into the cooling system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phoned the man Iv bought car off only had car sins March and he’s a “car dealer” he is saying I need a new engine he give me pictures saying when he had it back the gasket got done Iv put pics on but because I don’t no much about cars I really don’t understand what I’m looking at ?or if that’s Evan proof the head gasket got done when the pressure test gets done it comes back fine then I had a friend who’s a mechanic look while he was on his day off he sniffed the water and said smells like it’s gasket but you can’t Evan get up a hill in the car the mph clock goes down so if I’m going 40 up Hil car starts dragging and clocks rolling down to the mans had car back to sort problem Iv had woth it sins I bought it but the picture of the spanner come on dash after I took it out my garage go park it ready for recovery and cars really dragging now but are these proof gaskets been done if the engine gets changed will that solve the problem because car feels like head ache
BBA73B5F-521E-4514-AC03-17578CE50E96.jpeg C63492E5-2A3A-48A3-A8BE-9B71C75E658C.jpeg A201DDCA-D973-4B8A-B97B-546D475EC43B.jpeg CDB0ECD3-78AE-4A13-B73A-9AEA6C395CC4.jpeg

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I would like to think they replaced the timing cover gasket and timing chain while it was apart? It is rare for these engines to have a head gasket fail, it's normally timing case gasket or EGR gasket/valve then less common a cracked block then head gasket.
You are probably better off finding someone who really knows these engines to test it all for you again.
It might even be the case of selling the car and getting another car will be cheaper if you are not able to do the work yourself? Labour rates can soon run a bill up to several times the cars value on these old bangers now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the man who got the car off he’s paying for it to be fixed he picked it up on tow last night saying I should get it back on Friday I think that’s a quick turn around really it’s a 58 plate so Iknow it’s no the best of plates haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Quick update mans saying the easiest option is to put an engine in it so he’s doing that what’s the turn around time usually on a job like that because he’s saying I will hopefull have it back tomorrow meaning Saturday he’s had it sins Wednesday night got looked at on Thursday he’s only messages Friday to say new engine hopefully back tomorrow seems abit fast

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Engine swap in a garage should take no more than a day.
I have done them in Corsa C's in under 3 hours.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
35 Posts
Try abrd super seal. If head was not skimmed you probably got a leak into one of the cylinders or more. This stuff works great used it a few times on head gaskets or warped heads never had any problems after. Just flush out old water and flush out heater core pipes. Reconnect all pipes and rescrew the drain plug. Full with normal water. Start engine and keep cap off header tank. Get engine up to temp ie thermostat opens up. Keep it at water level while heating up. When it’s at temp shake bottle and pour in header tank and put the cap on. Leave engine running for 15 to 30 minutes or see no bubbles in header tank. Shut of engine and leave to cool down for an hour. Then empty out water with cap off. Little tell it will drip out a bit if the cap is on and that means it’s got a good seal in engine. If just comes out it’s not sealed in engine or faulty cap. Leave to drip out for 20 min or so no rush. And the screw up drain and fill with antifreeze/ summer coolent etc run engine and top up to line on header tank. When fan kicks in turn off engine and lave to cool down. Top up to line if necessary and put cap on should be all done now. See if that works for you. Works upto 4mm gaps. Like say worked fine on all I’ve done on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts