Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, My son's Corsa 1.2 wouldn't start the other morning. When He turned the key, there was a clicking noise that seemed to be coming from the rear of the engine. I tapped the Starter Motor while he tried to start it and it almost went. Is this a starter motor problem?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If it turns over now, then I would say the start motor does it job. Can you upload video of dash, while cranking, so I can hear the engine as well? Use youtube.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only turns over while connected to another battery with jump leads, when I turn the key when not connected to another battery, it just clicks from the back of the engine somewhere. The dash lights all go out when the clicking is sounding, except the seat belt light, which flashes quickly. I'll try to get a video.
If it turns over now, then I would say the start motor does it job. Can you upload video of dash, while cranking, so I can hear the engine as well? Use youtube.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
You probably won't need to give the starter motor any attention once the battery is replaced; hopefully, it'll be as good as.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fitted a brand new battery this morning and it's still just turning over without starting. Here are photos of the dash lights while it's turning over. I have a video too if somebody can tell me how to upload it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I copy and paste it? I've never done it before. It's important I get the car fixed cos my wife is a community nurse and we've had to hire a car this week

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
when you have uploaded the video to you tube, all ya do is right click on the video, a box opens, click the top where it says copy video url, then to post in here right click in the chat box where ya wright comments and click paste.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If that's a tech bridge too far, Alex, just write here the title you gave the video in YouTube and I'll look for it and link it in this thread myself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts