Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is this it now? I followed the instructions for copy and paste. I have named it Alex car video corsa-c-co-uk and the name is Declan Murphy

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The engine sounds like it's got compression and all even. Do the pedal trick and read the codes as your car spanner lights on so there is a fault code there. Try that and post back. Does your rpm need move to around 200rpm when cranking or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Unfortunately, I am completely ignorant when it comes to mechanical stuff, what is the "pedal trick"

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts

here

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think it's now clear for you that start motor was ok. Why I say was, because it's madness to crank it for full 40 seconds. If the car does not start in 10 seconds, stop! Probably start motor it's on it way out, FRIED.

Is the engine management lamp blinking with contact on? While cranking, is the rpm needle going a bit up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is that a difficult job, or do I get a mechanic? Thank you so much for what you've done for me so far. I truly appreciate all your help. You've all been remarkably patient and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I fitted a new sensor today and it went first turn. :) A 2 minute job if it was easier to access. Thank you all so much for all your help and patience, it is very much appreciated. I'll spend some time reading some of the other threads now. Thanks Again

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Good news to hear, Alex. One of the 1st things I read about when I got a Renault Modus is that this sensor is almost always the cause of a starting problem. Dead easy to access, but the corollary is that it gunks up quite regularly. I'd see Modi on ebay "won't start, want rid, £250" and I'd tell them to spend £20 (unlike the C, a Modus doesn't seem to mind the cheaper ones) and ten minutes to either solve the problem or sell for a better price. Invariably, I'd get the reply "Cheers mate, but CBA" and it would sell for peanuts.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts