Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as my daughter started school today I had the day to myself, so I thought I'd get the lowering springs and the new (to me) alloys fitted, gave the alloys a rattle can refurb myself, turned out OK if I do say so myself, I went for the same kinda look the Adam alloys have with the coloured spoke, it won't be everybody's cup of tea but I like them.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
(y) Looks like a lot of things have been done. Did you have 5-spoke hubs already or did you change those?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(y) Looks like a lot of things have been done. Did you have 5-spoke hubs already or did you change those?
They're only standard 4 stud wheels mate, bolted straight on, came off a Tigra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to change the rear discs and pads on the combo I no the how to get pads of and no it's a T30 torx bit for discs at front of wheel but trying to find out the what size of socket for back of discs any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to change the rear discs and pads on the combo I no the how to get pads of and no it's a T30 torx bit for discs at front of wheel but trying to find out the what size of socket for back of discs any help would be appreciated
Sorry I don't know, I have drums on the rear.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
They're only standard 4 stud wheels mate, bolted straight on, came off a Tigra.

So they are; the 17" Pentas, a favourite of mine. I didn't recognize them but for some reason they looked 5-stud when I looked earlier.

Jbhoy, welcome to CCUK. I suggest you start a thread of your own. Like wu11ie, mine also has rear drums but others will more likely be able to offer advice if they see a relevant title.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So they are; the 17" Pentas, a favourite of mine. I didn't recognize them but for some reason they looked 5-stud when I looked earlier.

Jbhoy, welcome to CCUK. I suggest you start a thread of your own. Like wu11ie, mine also has rear drums but others will more likely be able to offer advice if they see a relevant title.
I managed to pick them up for £80 with good tyres, just needed a refurb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another couple of bits done today, painted the dash needles red, made an arse of it because now you can't see them at night (d'oh) lol

On a plus the blue LED's turned out nice and bright in both night and day time.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'd like to replace my black dials with white (and get the rings if possible) and I might do that if I permanently take the Tour to Spain and change to a pure km/h dial. There's an ebay seller called Dials4U that makes replacement faces. I'd have to do red needles for a white dial, of course. I was thinking red nail varnish, maybe? The km/h on the current dial (same as yours) is really difficult to read although I'm used to mental conversions easily enough. I daren't go blue LEDs myself as the numbers could really pale out on the white dial version.

Thanks for uploading pics etc, it's really helpful for my own tasks when I get to them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to replace my black dials with white (and get the rings if possible) and I might do that if I permanently take the Tour to Spain and change to a pure km/h dial. There's an ebay seller called Dials4U that makes replacement faces. I'd have to do red needles for a white dial, of course. I was thinking red nail varnish, maybe? The km/h on the current dial (same as yours) is really difficult to read although I'm used to mental conversions easily enough. I daren't go blue LEDs myself as the numbers could really pale out on the white dial version.

Thanks for uploading pics etc, it's really helpful for my own tasks when I get to them.
Yeah I'd like the white dials too but I can't get them in the diesel variety, tried searching the dials4u on ebay but nothing came up......

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
This is the one that would work for me if I make it ES-registered:

but I originally watched one in std mph with secondary kph underneath in white. The seller doesn't always list all variants on ebay, but there is this which is more suited to you:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the one that would work for me if I make it ES-registered:

but I originally watched one in std mph with secondary kph underneath in white. The seller doesn't always list all variants on ebay, but there is this which is more suited to you:
Yeah I saw those ones but they're stickers, I done know how well the light would come through them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added these this morning too, again it won't be everyone's taste but I like it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
According to the seller, if you put the stickers over the original dials it will reduce readability at night. The pictures included on the listing don't look too promising. OTOH, I believe the whole board can be used in place of the original but I don't know how easily that's done. The other alternative is breaking down a dial set from an upspec 1.3CDTi but I don't see them often and they're pricey when I do. If I bite and get the km/h one, I'll let you know/take pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to the seller, if you put the stickers over the original dials it will reduce readability at night. The pictures included on the listing don't look too promising. OTOH, I believe the whole board can be used in place of the original but I don't know how easily that's done. The other alternative is breaking down a dial set from an upspec 1.3CDTi but I don't see them often and they're pricey when I do. If I bite and get the km/h one, I'll let you know/take pics.
So I bought these for my speedo, you couldn't put them over the original clocks, you get very minimal light through it. I took the originals off and put the sticker on alone, bloody ripped it as I was peeling it from the backing paper.....

The night picture doesn't really do them justice, they look better.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Thanks for sharing that - I'm going to get the white km/h only then for when I return it to its previous Spanish plate. Would peeling be unnecessary for me if I knew I'm not using the original underneath - what does yours stick to?

Also, when I go for it, I'm tempted to do your blue LED thing. Even your secondary km/h looks a lot clearer than my std black background and std bulbs - the km/h is pretty unreadable for me.

EDIT: I haven't emphasized enough how much I like the look, especially in your 2nd pic. I'd like the rings too, if I could find some cheap old clocks to raid some day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for sharing that - I'm going to get the white km/h only then for when I return it to its previous Spanish plate. Would peeling be unnecessary for me if I knew I'm not using the original underneath - what does yours stick to?

Also, when I go for it, I'm tempted to do your blue LED thing. Even your secondary km/h looks a lot clearer than my std black background and std bulbs - the km/h is pretty unreadable for me.

EDIT: I haven't emphasized enough how much I like the look, especially in your 2nd pic. I'd like the rings too, if I could find some cheap old clocks to raid some day.
Yeah you'd need to peel it off because the vinyl is on a sheet of non stick paper so the thickness of the vinyl and the paper on top of the original dials I doubt you'd get any light through at all.

There's a hard clear plastic part of the clocks behind the dial facias, I cut a and stuck the vinyl directly to that - WITH GREAT CARE - it is VERY sticky stuff!

I'd like the rings too but it's picking a set up that aren't a crazy price! Lol

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Ah, that all makes sense now. For a while, I watched some German (new) item that turns the whole fascia a matt-silver alloy look. Apart from probably not looking as good as rings on black, German international post seems to be £18 for even a paperclip so that put it out of reach.

White diesel clocks (high spec CDTi cars are quite rare) always go £25+ but sometimes a petrol one appears with a low start like £5. They don't usually attract interest but I've not seen one locally yet and it's a bulky thing to post. I'd like the look, but I don't want to spend much for a minor aesthetic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts