Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New roof lights on and finally fitted my spot lights

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I much prefer white roof lights to the amber ones. I notice you have those Irmscher reg-plate surrounds; something else I'd consider when I finally, post-covidly, change it to ES plates but
a) I see new pairs for ~£16 but with Vx griffins. I saw a used single one with the Opel blitz but it was a silly £12 + postage. I could ask if they do the new ones with Blitzes but
b) my 2nd problem (I have some nice genuine Irm logos that could go on the side strips) is that I have zero actual Irmscher kit in the Tour to justify the badging. Every time I see anything, it's one of the few used C items that still gets serious bidding.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I much prefer white roof lights to the amber ones. I notice you have those Irmscher reg-plate surrounds; something else I'd consider when I finally, post-covidly, change it to ES plates but
a) I see new pairs for ~£16 but with Vx griffins. I saw a used single one with the Opel blitz but it was a silly £12 + postage. I could ask if they do the new ones with Blitzes but
b) my 2nd problem (I have some nice genuine Irm logos that could go on the side strips) is that I have zero actual Irmscher kit in the Tour to justify the badging. Every time I see anything, it's one of the few used C items that still gets serious bidding.
Yeah me too, my uncle gave me them last week, he bought them for it when he owned it and never got around to fitting them.

I've had the plate holders for a while, I transfer them from car to car when i have a Vauxhall, i think they were only about £12 when I bought them, I've got a plain black set too for other makes and a SAAB set.

I'll hopefully be removing my side strips soon for my next alteration , who cares about justifying it, if you like them put them on, it's like my spotlights, people will ask "why?", because I wanted to, it's your car, make your own rules

·
Super Moderator
8,416 Posts
would door mirrors from a a corsa c not fit on these vans, think they would look better with smaller mirrors

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
True. I watched a YT video where someone had put RS alloys and steering wheel (both ridiculously expensive, especially for a very similar steering wheel with a badge)
on a Focus and people commented "how dare you make an LX look like a RS" but I agreed with the "it's his car and he can do what he likes' comments.

Peps put a tailpipe on his and expected (and would have got, back in the day) moans, but I liked it and got one myself. Nearly impossible to find a nice looking exhaust for a Combo anyway, and my sad, flaccid pipe was irking me.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Afraid not, Andy. I found out the expensive way. I have C mirrors and leather door cards from both 3 and 5 door Cs (the latter costing me money and time to find) but Combo doors are slightly in-between both in width and perhaps height and the mirror base plates don't line up. Stuck with my big lugs that I don't even need, with all my side and rear glass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
would door mirrors from a a corsa c not fit on these vans, think they would look better with smaller mirrors

Afraid not, Andy. I found out the expensive way. I have C mirrors and leather door cards from both 3 and 5 door Cs (the latter costing me money and time to find) but Combo doors are slightly in-between both in width and perhaps height and the mirror base plates don't line up. Stuck with my big lugs that I don't even need, with all my side and rear glass.
Yeah they don't fit, I bought and painted a set of Hagus mirrors for mine before test fitting, big waste of time, the base plates are a different shape

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
True. I watched a YT video where someone had put RS alloys and steering wheel (both ridiculously expensive, especially for a very similar steering wheel with a badge)
on a Focus and people commented "how dare you make an LX look like a RS" but I agreed with the "it's his car and he can do what he likes' comments.

Peps put a tailpipe on his and expected (and would have got, back in the day) moans, but I liked it and got one myself. Nearly impossible to find a nice looking exhaust for a Combo anyway, and my sad, flaccid pipe was irking me.
That's the thing, everybody's a critic, I don't mind constructive criticism, I don't even mind when people say they don't like what I've done.

I had a twin pipe backbox but I've changed and I've got a straight through with a 4" outlet on the van now , and you can see the holes in the bumper for my reversing sensors to go with the camera.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeah they don't fit, I bought and painted a set of Hagus mirrors for mine before test fitting, big waste of time, the base plates are a different shape
Ouch. White mirrors were a tricky find so I only spent about £12 on a pair of silver manuals but tried fitment first. I thought I'd had bad luck. I do like that you have the white rear bumper; they are hard to find but there is one in Spain that I might get when I'm finally back there. Nice twin-pipe box, btw.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So today started off stripping the wipers off for a refurb, they were in a bit of a mess, rubbed down and resprayed a nice gloss black. Also stripped the plastics to clean the drain holes and fit a new pollen filter.

Fitted a new battery for the winter.

Removed the cone filter heatshield as it's looking a bit scabby, the pic is how it looked before but it's looking better now, pics to follow when the paint dries.

Also 'made' a bug deflector with some stuff I had in the garage, turned out OK but not perfect, it'll do until I get a bonnet bra or genuine bug deflector.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'd try the bug deflector - I have a plank of wood in my shed - but I might struggle to see over the bonnet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
New wheel nut covers added to hide the scabby looking bolts and my bright yellow cone filter heat shield lol

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The wheel bolts are letting mine down, too. Not so noticeable with silver wheels, strangely, but really stand out (in a bad way) with the black D SRi and pink C Sri wheels. I got some shiny fresh nuts for the Focus but the GM bolts are 2x the price. The covers are less of a wallet sting.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts