Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Good choice. I'm thinking of the same for my more lurid wheels I've bought. I don't need the concours look and I hate endless prep nearly as much as spending £300 for someone's refurb.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd like to replace my black dials with white (and get the rings if possible) and I might do that if I permanently take the Tour to Spain and change to a pure km/h dial. There's an ebay seller called Dials4U that makes replacement faces. I'd have to do red needles for a white dial, of course. I was thinking red nail varnish, maybe?
Sorry to jump into thread 3months after, did you manage to do this? When i had Corsa C i was thinking to change the whole instrument cluster. Theorerically, it should be easier than disassembling the one you have now. Plug the instrument cluster, plug the Opcom. Read the eeprom from new cluster to get the security code, then "virginize it", and simply enter the security code of your car. In theory.

Nail varnish will peel off and go pale over time. In my first car i had the speed needle painted with either nail varnish or some type of paint. It looked great for the first few months, but then it started to go pale and parts of varnish were falling off revealing the white needle.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I haven't yet, Marko, but Wu11ie himself has. I have put a few ideas back because my usual drive to Malaga (and planned reversion to its original Spanish status) this Spring was skewed by covid restrictions. The white kmh dial stickers are a lot of effort, but used parts in Spain are a lot more expensive than UK (and I would prefer kmh but I really don't mind the odometer in miles) but there is a 2nd reason. Marks152 mentioned to me that the connector was changed at some point? I have a 2002 DTi and to get my preferred white dials (the silver rings would also be nice) for diesel would require a later 1.3 or 1.7 CDTi. I assume that mine is the earlier connection and the CDTi clocks will be the later one.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts