Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Good choice. I'm thinking of the same for my more lurid wheels I've bought. I don't need the concours look and I hate endless prep nearly as much as spending £300 for someone's refurb.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd like to replace my black dials with white (and get the rings if possible) and I might do that if I permanently take the Tour to Spain and change to a pure km/h dial. There's an ebay seller called Dials4U that makes replacement faces. I'd have to do red needles for a white dial, of course. I was thinking red nail varnish, maybe?
Sorry to jump into thread 3months after, did you manage to do this? When i had Corsa C i was thinking to change the whole instrument cluster. Theorerically, it should be easier than disassembling the one you have now. Plug the instrument cluster, plug the Opcom. Read the eeprom from new cluster to get the security code, then "virginize it", and simply enter the security code of your car. In theory.

Nail varnish will peel off and go pale over time. In my first car i had the speed needle painted with either nail varnish or some type of paint. It looked great for the first few months, but then it started to go pale and parts of varnish were falling off revealing the white needle.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I haven't yet, Marko, but Wu11ie himself has. I have put a few ideas back because my usual drive to Malaga (and planned reversion to its original Spanish status) this Spring was skewed by covid restrictions. The white kmh dial stickers are a lot of effort, but used parts in Spain are a lot more expensive than UK (and I would prefer kmh but I really don't mind the odometer in miles) but there is a 2nd reason. Marks152 mentioned to me that the connector was changed at some point? I have a 2002 DTi and to get my preferred white dials (the silver rings would also be nice) for diesel would require a later 1.3 or 1.7 CDTi. I assume that mine is the earlier connection and the CDTi clocks will be the later one.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Congrats, but I thought your Pentas were already 17"?
Or are you like me - can never get enough wheels (for the right price)?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The Penta's are 17's but I've wanted 3 spokes for a while, there were 53 people watching these on ebay when I bought them lol.

I'll just sell the Penta's when these are ready.

You can bet they're one of the last few sets in the country!

Can't wait to get them refurbed and fitted

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Are you going to transfer the tyres from the Pentas or freshly boot the 3-spokes? The £60 cost to refit each corner is the main reason those PS3s are staying on my pink alloys, even though the colour isn't really me. At some point, I'll settle on some wheels I like the most and tyre them as normal people do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The Penta's will be sold as is and the 3 spokes will have fresh rubber put on after an almighty refurb, I just need to decide on a colour.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I do like that mirror-chrome a lot. It might be interesting to see how they look after a strong alkali (like oven cleaner spray) which should do no damage to the metal, and a weak acid like oxalic acid dihydrate follow up. That depends on whether that mirror chrome is real. If it's a paint, then the oven cleaner might bubble it right off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Enjoyed reading through this, got a couple of ideas for mine too which is nice. I'll get subbed up and see what happens next

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

41 - 52 of 52 Posts