Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rear Driver's side Suspension (currently standard) is Creaky and Rattling loads even on the smallest bumps, Any Idea's what this could be and how to fix it??

Cheers :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah,mine creaks too!? i was hoping mine wasnt the only one! does it creaks on anyone's who have had their suspension/springs changed?

S

·
0 Posts
johnny 5 said:
yeah,mine creaks too!? i was hoping mine wasnt the only one! does it creaks on anyone's who have had their suspension/springs changed?
I'll let you know when if its still there after getting new springs put on soon! ;)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
mine does it esecially when reversing

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine did it once, its lowered 30mm on 17s, i had spares 4 my tractor in it they was really heavy so it was sitting pretty low, it aint dun it since tho.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i got a creak from the rear nearside, i thot it was the toolkit initially, so i moved it. turns out it wasn't...

it dont creak/rattle when someone sits in that seat tho, or when she's packed with guitars... and steaming women lol

do u guys have ur toolkit in the little rubber bits at the side/floatin around the boot or under the spare? i can't get mine under the spare... is it just me?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine creaks on the nearside, took it to VX yesterday to have a look at it (along with some other things) and they said there was nothing wrong with it! But I think the handbrake might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mine creaks and rattles from new. Nothing is loose, so I'm hoping the noise will go with wear (I'm only at 1300 miles)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is it the same squeak?

Mine started squeaking today, nearside, but only when I'm steering slightly to the left or right, not when driving straight, or on really sharp turns. It's not affected by bumps, I haven't touched the suspension, and there's about 30,000 miles on the clock. Any guesses? :?

·
Registered
121 Posts
have u guys had the steering racks checked?

Apparently they go on C's quite a lot. Mine was rattling and creaking. Took it in and they said it coul need new steering rack if the bolts they tightened didnt fix it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car's booked in at Vauxhall tomorrow (Friday). I'll let you guys know what they say. Knowing my luck, it will be the most expensive part not covered under warranty!!! :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
D'Oh! I've just spent 3 hours in Vauxhall waiting for my car to be fixed - the squeek was the front near-side brake which had siezed in the calipper. I was also helpfully informed that I needed a new tyre. Total bill: £122.26!!! For a F#@CKING SQUEEK!!!

Ah well, I didn't want to have a life this weekend anyway!

Cheers for the advice guys

cc

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine creeked with standard suspension, and still does with Apex springs. I think its the damper, maybe needs a bit of greese, i'll take mine off and do it one day when i can be arsed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts