Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run 2way speakers with a crossover?
I already have kenwood 2way speaker in the front doors and i was going to up rate my tweeters and have crossovers.But can you do this with the speakers i have?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Is it really worth changing these Scott? Will you really be able to hear a difference?

In the past, I have been advised with a Vx, to leave the front speakers and put in 6 x 9's initially, and a sub if I want it!

Just thought it would be the same with this one, as most Vx standard Spks are Blaupunkt and pretty solid anyway! :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
most people would disagree, best set up would be get a decent set of comps, range up to £1000 in price, but a set of infinity 6500 @ £100 will be good enuff, then a sub in the boot, 6x9 are not really useful with subs, as they are a temp standin till u get a sub..i dunno, just quoting what other ppl say..any1 agree?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got 2 subs and 6x9s both off amps. Would it be better if i run the compants off a amp?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used to run the compnents off a small amp that fitted up behind the glove box (which is for sale.......) but now running the components and 7x10's from 4 channel amp in the boot. Lot of wiring and hassle but worth it in the end!! Well i reckon anway!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The amp is a Pioneer GM232 60w x2 - looks sweet and powered my Kenwood components easily! If your interested, i am looking for £25 delivered. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts