Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all! My name is Alan and I am from Argentina!
I have a Corsa C and I am trying to install the Cruise Control, but I need help!

I installed Pin 4 from CC stalk to Pin 2 at the BCM
Clutch switch not necessary (Easytronic unit)
Configured BCM and ECU with CC present

Problem:
When I check ECU Blocks, at the Stalk information, O (off) is always shown. It is like I am pressing OFF Button constantly. Is not showing INACTIVE as it should.
At BCM info, the voltages changes as I press the O, I, R buttons. Stalk is working, but at the ECU information not.

My question to you is, is some wiring from BCM to ECU missing?

Thanks a lot! Regards

·
Registered
199 Posts
The only way BCM communicates with ECU and TCM is via CAN, all information goes through it. So there should not be any wires missing. I can only suggest to try and program CC again as OPCOM (if you did in fact use it for programming) can mess up things sometimes.

But you should really wait for reply from liviu2004, he will know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to know the engine code and bcm voltages for each button depressed and no button depressed.
Thanks for reply. Engine code is Y18NE. Voltages on bcm are:
-Depressed: 0.42
-Off: 0.10
-Reduce: 0.20
-Increase: 0.30

On ecu is always OFF shown. I think that on the ecu is some pin with 0 volt and the ecu thinks that I am pressing OFF button.

Sent from my SNE-LX3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The values are very close to what I get. Unfortunate this engine does not exist in EU, so I have absolutely no idea about it. You should be able to read the Data List PIDs and see if ECU recognizes the push of the buttons individually, if both brake pedal sensor circuits work and also for the clutch pedal switch.

You should start posting pictures, because no one in EU has a clue about Y18NE. There is not a single picture of this engine on google so no one here can do more than that.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but I tried Chevrolet and there is a reference to Y18NE buried somewhere in this:

I'll see if I can dig out something relevant

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Seems to be >2009 Corsa and Meriva engine from GM Brasil. Something outside of the experience of people here (put another way, if it's a new one to Liviu, it's a new one to anyone this side of the Atlantic)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The values are very close to what I get. Unfortunate this engine does not exist in EU, so I have absolutely no idea about it. You should be able to read the Data List PIDs and see if ECU recognizes the push of the buttons individually, if both brake pedal sensor circuits work and also for the clutch pedal switch.

You should start posting pictures, because no one in EU has a clue about Y18NE. There is not a single picture of this engine on google so no one here can do more than that.
When I read Engine ECU, on Cruise Control Stalk is always shown OFF. Like I am pressing OFF button always. What I think, is that on that Pin or something like that, is 0 volt, thats why "OFF" is shown on that PID data item.

Brake switches work fine, clutch sensor ir shown as INACTIVE (Because I dont have clutch neither clutch switch)
I will take some pictures of OPCOM data list, so you can understand better what I am saying.

I know that my engine code is not on UK, but maybe someone has some information to help me. I think that maybe some wire from BCM to ECU is missing. Because on BCM I can read CC Stalk voltages changing. But NOT on Engine ECU

Thanks to all for the messages and replys!! All information is useful

I don't know if this helps, but I tried Chevrolet and there is a reference to Y18NE buried somewhere in this:

I'll see if I can dig out something relevant
Thanks a lot!
Seems to be >2009 Corsa and Meriva engine from GM Brasil. Something outside of the experience of people here (put another way, if it's a new one to Liviu, it's a new one to anyone this side of the Atlantic)
Yeap, GM Brasil. 2011 model.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The eu models don’t have wiring from cruise control handle to the ecu, directly. It all goes through canbus. Please post your ecu wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The eu models don’t have wiring from cruise control handle to the ecu, directly. It all goes through canbus. Please post your ecu wiring diagrams.
Yes, I know that the CC stalk goes through BCM, but I want to know if some wire goes FROM BCM to ENGINE ECU. I will try to search some ECU diagram. Thanks a lot for the replys!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
We don’t know your model.
In eu there is no wire between ecu and bcm dedicated to cruise control. Opel was not stupid. Why spend more money on wiring when they have canbus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don’t know your model.
In eu there is no wire between ecu and bcm dedicated to cruise control. Opel was not stupid. Why spend more money on wiring when they have canbus.
Considering that, I have two ideas.
1) I have to program ecu with correct software
2) My ecu has not the circuits for CC

Will search diagrams. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my SNE-LX3 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts