Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this mod on internet in germany someone insert buttons on the indicator lever and some resistors to work as cruise control stalk any one has more ideas or he can help me with photos or video
thanks

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
For the price I'd jot even bother trying to botch the buttons. Used stalks go for around 15 quid and even new they are less than 40 quid.

Dont get me wrong the resistors will work fine as this is all the genuine stalk is. I'm not sure of the resistance of the resistors. Livi on here will know. Theres a post about it on here which he gives the resistance of them. Do a search and see if you can find it. It not either wait for him to hopefully reply or message him. Not sure of he username but it starts with livi.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For the price I'd jot even bother trying to botch the buttons. Used stalks go for around 15 quid and even new they are less than 40 quid.

Dont get me wrong the resistors will work fine as this is all the genuine stalk is. I'm not sure of the resistance of the resistors. Livi on here will know. Theres a post about it on here which he gives the resistance of them. Do a search and see if you can find it. It not either wait for him to hopefully reply or message him. Not sure of he username but it starts with livi.
Thanks for your answer
i have the values of resistors i just need new ideas new ways to but buttons in the stalk or in the head of steering wheel

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There nothing really stopping you from putting the buttons on the plastic that surrounds the indicators and ignition barrel. Probably be the easiest option and will give you a bigger range of switches that could be used.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Liviu is the member Marks is referring to, but I agree with him on the ease of getting an OEM stalk. I bought one for £12.50 (~ €15), thinking I'd done well, and another came up so I bought that as well. Then a third one came up (like buses, as we say) and I thought it was getting silly so I stopped at two.

I'm hoping that Marks can help me out with the CC post-lockdown but before I drive to Malaga. It would make the trip much more pleasant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts