Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right basically im want to build myslef a little custom install but i want the bottom of the boot still plat so i want the sub to go by the indent in the boot by the passenger side arch in the boot

does anyone know were i can get one doesnt matter if its in material or just wooden ill be retriming in it white and black alcantara effect material

there was one on ebay but due to my internet being down i missed out buying it and was really really gutted :cry:

so if anyone knows someone that has one for sale or knows were i could get one

or the dimension for one so i can build one even
it would be much apprecaited

thanks guys

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is what i would have bought

so exactly like this one

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh lol but i dnt want them to stick out as much if you get me :p

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey how much did that go for in the end off ebay right? was looking at it was gonna bid but forgot lol
only £30

soz my bad didnt read what u said!!!
i know but £30 has to be repeated thats a bargin!!!!!!!!

Build your own mate! Its not too hard.

Have a look at this, should help you loads...

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=26

Ive thought of doing one for my car, but i need a big big box for the sub for my new install :evil:

:thumbs:

cheers m8 yeh that does help the sub i want to get is quite big though its the JL audio 12w7 which is pretty big and i was wondering if i mounted it with the sub facing in and the back out what difference does that make???

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
cheers m8 yeh that does help the sub i want to get is quite big though its the JL audio 12w7 which is pretty big and i was wondering if i mounted it with the sub facing in and the back out what difference does that make???
Mate you will need a nice big box for the 12w7, i would even consider building one like you mentioned. If you make a ported box (which will sound better), you will need if somewhere near to 2 cubic foot (inc driver displacement) for it to sound its best. No way will that fit into the side of your boot.

And if you mount the sub basket out, then its gonna be really side heavy and need solidly securing into the side of your boot.

I reccomend looking at the link below and building a box in there, look for the reccomended ported enclousure sizes for your sub and make it accordingly. Its fairly easy to use. Its a serious sub mate, you dont want to suffocate it in a tiny box.

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks 4 all your help m8 this is really apprecaited i mite settle with a W^ though see what the funds are like what woud you say to that ???

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
The w7 is an awesome sub, and very expensive, its in the same league as the RE XXX. Personally ied go with the RE subs, trust me they are amazing.

Take a look at these...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ind..._id=54&cadid=d9d5c79b2eaddd7fbfd3430d12da7d81

The RE SE12 is a brilliant sub, my mate has it and it booms! But also has stunning quality and clearness. Affordable too ! Just make sure you have the power to drive it and not some crappy 15000w mutant fli toxic sick xplod amp :lol:

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mmmmmm not bad not bad ill keep my eye out it may well have to be the W6 as i dnt want huge bass just nice bas s that makes sence any other make u think would be good would like to stick with some one like foacl or jl audio or sumething like that as i feel the are better qaulity jl audio is prefered lol

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
If you want quality the the RE SE12 fits the bill perfectly, compared to my alpine type r sub its soo much more controlled, refined and detailed. The quality of the subs themselves are fantastic. You WILL NOT be dissapointed with one of them mate, trust me :lol: Martin can vouch for this too and so can Alvin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive got 2, 12w3's, there s**t hot, a 12w7 would be imence!, but somebody mentioned a ported box, apparently with JL subs, its better to have a sealed box not a ported one, PM me for any help you need.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahhhh ok ok so say i was to get one of them say the 229 pound one what would be the best amp tp run it off do they make amps aswell ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
theres a good RE audio one for sale on ebay, for 350, dont know if its still on there tho, to run my two ive got a precision power one, its good! should of got a 1000/1 JL one really tho, but couldnt afford it

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ive got 2, 12w3's, there s**t hot, a 12w7 would be imence!, but somebody mentioned a ported box, apparently with JL subs, its better to have a sealed box not a ported one, PM me for any help you need.
yeh i was originally after a 12w6 if i cant afford the w7 i herd that aswell that jl sound better when they arent ported but i dunno lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts