Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! im new to this site but have heard very good things!

I have a problem with my 2001 corsa c comfort!!! it keeps cutting out and then when i start the engine the car symbol with the spanner inside (maintainance?) light is on and my rev counter is no longer working!

sometimes it cuts out at junctions or sometimes i can just be driving along and the light will come on and the rev counter stop working???

any idea's??? any help much appreciated!

mmCorsa

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
its the connection behind the dials, common fault, it oxidizes or sumin. if it happens again, bang on the dial housing or press on the dials, it will work then

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
something similar to was happening to u happened wit my dials and i took it out reconnected coz it was a bit loose and aint had the problem since

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
jamie could possibly be that for the rev counter but cant see that cutting the engine out? :/
yep mate, trust me, the car will start but will cut out unless the connection with the dials are good, it happened to mine and many others.

if you take it to vauxhall they will take the dials out, spray the connector block with some spray and pack the connector block up for a tighter connection. i wouldnt bother tho, i had mine done and it was fine for a while but then it started to do it again. just giv it a bang does the same job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm still not convinced but if thats wot you guys think il whip it out and see wot the connection is like! how difficult is the corsa dials to get out? any "how to" guides on this site?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ive never know a car management system or electronic managements system to connect to the dials so the engine cuts out when they are not workin! im not sayin you guys aint rite and thanks for your help, but just struggling to get my head round it lol!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
i'm telling you mate, one of my mates does all the electrics in my local vauxhall so he knows his stuff.

when ur driving ur rev counter and speedo will drop and ur car will cut out until it gets the connection. mine happened when it was stationary too, it started but would cut out straight away and the engine management light would flash, same as ur having but once i tapped the top it started again

just follow this tutorial....

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1121

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
it to provent clocking ur car most likely i.e driving bout wid no clocks so milage dont go up

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
its the connection behind the dials, common fault, it oxidizes or sumin. if it happens again, bang on the dial housing or press on the dials, it will work then
Spot On!

Give it a good bash & it should be fine ;) Mines done it quite alot, then my mate told me to do this and since i've done it, had no problems ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts