Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So earlier this month I decided that I wanted a new car.

I had planned on waiting till May but an offer came up for my E36 and I found a 335i that had an incredible spec.

I couldn't turn down the offer for the E36 and I couldn't let such a fully loaded E90 go.

So I sold the E36 and bought the E90. I have no plans for the E90 except new number plate holders, black grills and a splitter, maybe a gearknob and update the sat nav to 2014 maps. I might eventually get some different wheels but nothing major or performance wise.

The E90 had a list price of about £50k when new and has a great service history behind it. It's had 2 HPFPs on BMW warranty and 2 new turbo actuators, however the waste rattle is still there (minor annoyance but I'll get it done on BMW warranty).
The car is Individual Azurite Black with Syrah Blue Merino Leather interior and has things like active cruise, adaptive xenon headlights, Professional Nav, Individual Sound system (840Wrms 14 speakers, 2 under-seat subs) and brake energy regeneration. The main sell for me was the fold down rear seats and hide-away towbar.

It cost me a fortune but I have been saving since I was very young for two things. A house and a nice BMW. I bought the house last year so bought the nice BMW now.

It needs a bloody good clean and polish as it's been sitting for a few months getting washed with a broom and covered in seagull ****.

The only pictures I have are from the advert:

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is stunning.

2 questions,

What's the bit in the middle grill on the left? Is it an air intake?

Why do you want a towbar on that? :)

Bantaaaarrrrrr!
The "Bubble" is the radar module for the active cruise control

No idea but the original owner spec'd it and it was like £800 option.

Might come in handy one day.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Lovely car ..I had a black E90 330D and it was a bloody nice car to drive. Nice to see you got the iDrive and upgraded speak system too :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Nice but that blue leather would have to go for me. Reminds me of an ex-funeral services car my brother had that they carried stiffs around in. Like these because stealth apart from twin exhausts externally.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice but that blue leather would have to go for me. Reminds me of an ex-funeral services car my brother had that they carried stiffs around in. Like these because stealth apart from twin exhausts externally.
Tbh when I looked at it online I thought the same but it's actually really nice in person. It's not really as blue as the pictures suggest.

Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Not a fan at all of the interior and please take that tow bar off lol

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not a fan at all of the interior and please take that tow bar off lol
The interior is better in person, the pictures make it look much more blue than it really is and No the towbar will stay put.
It folds away under the back bumper so no one knows it's there.
Will come in handy one day when I want to pull something.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Oh does it? That's alright then may aswell keep it then

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought I'd updated the OP but obviously not.

Bought some new Plate holders and fitted them earlier also gave it a polish and wax ( Prima Amigo followed by 2 coats of Fusso Dark) Also cleaned the leather using the Gliptone products and updated the sat nav to 2014 maps (Tow bar is hidden behind the bumper in these photos ?)

Bought some new angel eye bulbs (LED) and fitted them:

Took all the Piano Black interior trim at the weekend and polished it.
I used menz 203s on a yellow 3m pad followed by 85re on a blue pad both by rotary

Also bought some proper black kidney grills for a bargain price of £10 which will be fitted soon (friday)

Need to sort the headlight washers as I have lost about 5L of Screenwash in about 3 weeks.

It also need machine polishing and the exhaust tips doing properly.

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Small update.
Had the day off so took the front bumper off to see where the headlight washers were leaking and both are fuubaard.
Whilst the bumper was off I fitted my black grills. The seller told me they were gloss but they are actually Satin (as they were only like £10 I'm not too fussed)

I think I want gloss so I'll keep an eye out and buy some later.

Also washed it and snapped a few pics. I'm planning on getting some in a couple of weeks at Thruxton when I go to watch BTCC.

Next up will be replacing loads of bolts and bits of plastic undertray that are broken along with the headlight washers.

I love this car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts