Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me, iv got corsa c, and recently the dash board is not respoding? as in nothing is working on dashboard so im driving and the speed meter says nothing. One point i couldnt even start the car??, but the car seems ok now but im abit worried, apprently this has happend before and taken to vauxhall garage and got a diagnosed test and it passed fine? they did say something about the dash board might need to be changed any one have this problem?? or knows of it? please help

thanks Ben

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
if it happens again just bang the top of the dials, it'll be a loose connection behind the dials

sumin to do with the connector block oxidising or sumin, nothing to worry about tho.

althought vauxhall should be aware of this by now because it is a common fault and if it happens they should take the dials out and spray it with some spray and put them back together for u.

i had mine done but its happened since and i just bang the dials.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thing is its not just the dials its the indicatores and everything, just tried my car now wont start now?? it starts and dash board doesnt work and the engine then cuts out did u have this aswell?

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey i had this problem as well at the end of last year. i would put the key in the ignition and turn it and nothing would come on, and sometimes banging the dash did help, and showed the car with the spanner thing flashing. so took the key out and tried again and it was fine. but the dash power kept cutting off while i was driving this was really p*ssing me off as i am on the motor way alot and i couldnt tell how fast i was going. if you take the front dash out, follow the tutorial takes all of 10 mins, then put it back in and really push the dash into the connectors and re screw the problem should stop. havent had a problem in 5 months :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ill try and take the dash board out and back in again iv got a haynes manual so just follow the steps on that then yeah and should work, better than paying £250 for a new dash board wich vauxall said i should do.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Its a dry joint problem with the back of the speedo!

I had the same thing on my old corsa, went back 3 times then needed to have a new insrtument cluster fitted.

The immobilser runs through there as well which is why you will have troubles starting!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just so i know out of interest, when everyone else turns there key to the I I mark does every else get all the icons up on the dash board, when i say all i mean the car and the spanner in yellow and the other icon in yellow on the left of dash and oil and batt on the right? and they stay on the dash board untill u turn it over all the way to start the car

Just so i know coz i cant remember if that was ok or not?? im running corsa C sxi.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had the same problem. When the car is turned off and u attempt to start it with the clocks either unplugged or faulty it triggers the immobilisor, indicated by the flashing spanner light. this will only be disabled when the clocks are working (best way to check is turn ignition on and make sure all the diff warning lights come on) ignitoin is completely switched off, key out and you try to start the engine again. I never had time to sort mine so i got used to the regular routine! good thing is if anyone tried to nick my car with the keys they wudn't have a chance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.