Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well chose the two colours either side of the matt chrome finish which were steel grey metalic and smoke grey metalic, sprayed them both equally on the dash console with a bit of laquer and its still not a perfect match, its doing my head in now, not just the stress but the fumes are pretty bad as well after 5 coats of trying! :lol: Anyway can anyone get hold of this matt chrome paint from anywhere? I don't want to loose the original colour of the vent part and door handles but I might have to as I want it all to match not just parts to look good. I have fitted a screen and CD player so painted the surrounds of these in the paint I did but want to also do the MFD surround and over the speedo the same, as I have done the horn buttons on the steering wheel and also want to paint the bit below that so its like an upside down horse shoe shape in silver on the steering wheel if you know what I mean. So was thinking of choosing a really good colour and doing all the original and new bits this colour or keeping what I've done and painting the other bits in gloss black (over the speedo and MFD surround) what do you think to gloss black? Or shall I do it all gloss black to be different? I have a silver corsa so what would peeps suggest me to do? Any cool colours out at the moment? I know theres an electric blue or is it RS blue thats really nice looking or will this look naff?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Put the paint down mate, I think the fumes have gone to your head. That all sounds disgusting :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
What's funny MM? He's talking silver/black/blue and even ford blue. something must have got to him!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its alright all you taking the p*ss out of me, so what colour are your dash bits then?

well must admit got a bit carried away last night... sorry lads. :cry:

anyway what colour would you do the dash then? or is it that you ain't got enough creative imagination to comment as no one else has done it yet, so you'll wait until they have so that you can copy? :twisted:

well I like to be different, so any suggestions?

no doubt you'll all just post stupid emoticons rather than text anyway, and tell me to do whatever and stop asking you lot! :p

probably post an apology tomorrow as I'm now on my 4th pint... plenty to still go at :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
No, we're all just bored with the same subject. Again!!!

I like the idea of 4th pint and plenty to still go at though!

BTW my dash is black, the way it came. Why do you want to change a dash colour?

The mfd and speedo housing are just gonna reflect on ya windscreen and annoy the sh*t outta ya if you paint em, so what's the point?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good point matey! :wink: well because its black anyway thought of doing it gloss black rather than dull black. want it to look better than bits matt chrome and others black plastic, don't look right at the mo.

Wow... someone can have a conversation on this subject :eek: so your not all one word posters then? :p

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Sorry bout that, it wa sirresistable! I dont like the idea of gloss either unfortunately. Now leather or something then yeah! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
black leather would look class, all leather interiors at the min seem to be that shitty creamy stuff! black leather would suit the silver to a tee!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, black leather, gotta agree to that Wilddoggey :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you reckon I could cover it myself? I have some black leatherette sheet which I could use, and add a bit of silver double stitching like my leather interior? Which bits do you reckon I could cover, even the silver fascia bits?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Nah, leave the silver bits. They'll dress in nicely with the silver stiching. Now I can see where you are coming from with the top of the Speedo and MFD. It's not a problem with plastic, but leather, now a different story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts