Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted an aftermarket head unit, now is there any way that i can make the function display show the date all the time? At the moment when the radio is off the dates on, but when the radios on the space is blank.

S

·
0 Posts
It goes off on mine too when the hu is on.

I think you can cut one of the wire at the back somewhere and date will show up all the time. Not sure which wire though. Someone on here must know.

:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
when I had a panasonic cd player put in by vauxhall the date would go when i put the HU on but after I put the pioneer HU in the date is on there all the time :shock:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed this in the dark, when the radio is on the steering wheel controls light up but when i play a CD they go out.
How strange!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only people that make the direct link to the LED display to show what the head unit actually shows is Sony. U will need a special adaptor tho.

Kenny and Alpine definately do an box with leads etc that plug into the top of the three Vauxhall block connectors. The box for Alpine is £30-40 but it also makes steering wheel controls work!! Display only shows date and time tho. 8)

·
Registered
435 Posts
corsalover said:
The only people that make the direct link to the LED display to show what the head unit actually shows is Sony. U will need a special adaptor tho.

Kenny and Alpine definately do an box with leads etc that plug into the top of the three Vauxhall block connectors. The box for Alpine is £30-40 but it also makes steering wheel controls work!! Display only shows date and time tho. 8)
Hey, So if i was to connect a sony head unit up would it show the time, date and also make the steering wheel controls work? Or do i need an adapter? Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kenny and Alpine definately do an box with leads etc that plug into the top of the three Vauxhall block connectors. The box for Alpine is £30-40 but it also makes steering wheel controls work!! Display only shows date and time tho. 8)[/quote][/quote]

where did you see it for 30-40 for alpine HU! I seen them for £60

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Vauxhall do em for certain vdo dayton models called vx remote and vx display - only a tenner each 8)

can be found under audio and navigation in their accessoriesd programme

·
Registered
632 Posts
Wheel Controls

I say why waste your money on getting your sterring wheels controls working with your after market head unit. You can only adjust the volume & besides if u want to change the bass or sub control you would have to reach across all of a arms length to change.

Save you money for a decent mod!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well with my steering wheel controls (with sony hu) i can adjust all my bass, treble, sub, fader etc and able to mute aswell, so it is worth it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts