Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through opcom the other day while programming cruise control to my friends car. Saw there was an option for daytime running lights, Xenon headlamps ect.
As far as I'm aware the corsa C model does not come with any of these standard? What would happen If I enable it? I have just bought some angel eyes for my car and I'm wondering If it would have it's own daytime lights wire that I'm able to wire up the halo's to so I can still use my sidelight switch for the smaller bulbs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got around to testing mine since I had some free time. It just turns your sidelights on when your ignition is on. Then your sidelight switch just operates the interior dashboard lights. Don't know what i expected lol.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Interesting to know. I didn't want to say anything because Liviu would know the whole story inside out and I'd go from suspected to bevestigde idioot. But, yeah, the C never had DRLs so an activation option seemed a bit crystal-ball-gazing of GM. Fwiw, I had a pair of holes in my front so I bought those Chineebay 2.5" DRL/fogs (for £7 but they're now an outrageous £11 a pair) and did a real blind mama's spaghetti wire-up with them.

Because they have a rep for lasting <1 month if subjected to >12V, I also lashed up one of those boxes that (a) should regulate the voltage and (b) was supposed to dim the DRLs by 50% when headlights switched on and delay the lights out for 30s after ignition off for a bonus "get you to the door". The box did neither. It might have extended their lifespan but I don't know because I got cocky and thought Gorilla Glue Gel would keep them fixed. I found one dangling lensless in Dax and the other is somewhere on the road between Rouen and Boulogne, only a few days after I'd fitted them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its probably possible to install the DRL properly. These angel eyes with halos have to be wired up on its own. Suppose you'd use one of the empty plug pin holes and move the sidelight wire to that. Then you can wire the halos to it. You'd have to run another wire however maybe from the dashboard speedo clocks to the original sidelights to keep them working. Bit of a bodge job but it would work

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looking through opcom the other day while programming cruise control to my friends car. Saw there was an option for daytime running lights, Xenon headlamps ect.
As far as I'm aware the corsa C model does not come with any of these standard? What would happen If I enable it? I have just bought some angel eyes for my car and I'm wondering If it would have it's own daytime lights wire that I'm able to wire up the halo's to so I can still use my sidelight switch for the smaller bulbs.
Corsa C xenon was an option. Even on prefacelifts. What will happen when enabled? BCM will look for the input signal wire of the rear axle level sensor ecu, and if proper signal received, it will turn on the auto levelling fault lamp in the dash. Nothing more, nothing less. Useless to activate on a car which does not have it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty useless design then. No wonder I've never seen a corsa with that feature. My angel eyes don't have any motor alignment however

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You haven’t seen mine then. I’ve read somewhere that most sold corsas with oem xenon were in Luxembourg.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You haven’t seen mine then. I’ve read somewhere that most sold corsas with oem xenon were in Luxembourg.
I suppose here in the UK, we only pay for usefull stuff. That feature is only useful for everyone else which we wouldn't pay for :D . Do they still have the manual adjustment?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes, auto-levelling xenons the norm for cars of that era that I know of. Some, like the Modus (mine has normal halogens) also responded to the steering to point around the bends you're turning into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts