Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i just want to point out what a load of gash the origianl corsa airfilter system is, when taking the original filter off i noticed there is a pipe going to the back wall of the grill where there is....nothing. It just sits behind the grill where there is a wall of plastic, i know original airfilters are suppose to be restrictive but, come on.
I am fitting it tomorrow when im free to do so, but today i prepared my car for the new filter and also fitted some rather nice indictor bulbs... enjoy!
Dropped the bumper:

New Indicator bulbs:

New hole above grill for dbilas system:

The hole is rough but i will smooth it 2moz with a file when i fit the new filter, will get pics up and comments on performance change (if any) tomorrow morning...

Comments Welcome:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hmmm, nice!! :thumbs: Indicator bulbs look cool! What sort of power you expecting from this? Getting it dyno'd?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i havnt had it on a RR yet but as standard with 90bhp i would expect max 5bhp without a remap. Im getting a performance inlet manifold soon and will remap it with all my mods on. Ill let you know 2moz when i go for a drive about.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh mate course i can, i brought the flowmaster as its only £20 more than a viper and the dbilas range is engineered for the car and not just stuck together like the boy racer filters like the vipers and bmc or whatever its called. I love the way it looks awell:love:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
yeh mate course i can, i brought the flowmaster as its only £20 more than a viper and the dbilas range is engineered for the car and not just stuck together like the boy racer filters like the vipers and bmc or whatever its called. I love the way it looks awell:love:
cheers mate, any pic of the flow master and links to where to buy without getting ripped off lol

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i havnt had it on a RR yet but as standard with 90bhp i would expect max 5bhp without a remap. Im getting a performance inlet manifold soon and will remap it with all my mods on. Ill let you know 2moz when i go for a drive about.
Yeah, id say thats about right mate. Yip, make sure you do :thumbs:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here we go then, fitted it just now, in the rain and yes it was a ***** to fit...

from the front you can see the scoop now has a clean passage of air from the grill and new nole above:

Sounds deeper and i am off to have a little drive.

enjoy:yippe:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The filter isnt loose but its secure as the bracket supplied is for a z14xe and mines a z14xep so if any1 knows where the bracket can be bent to or have pictures of urs fastened with a twinport engine, let me know. Yeh ill get a few vids up:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh there is a noticable difference on throttle response, alot better and as far as performance goes it pulls better at high speed like on the motorway and A roads. Well chuffed with it:yippe:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Performance inlet manifold, exhaust, hiflow cat and possible cams! for the future maybe, wanna get it on a RR this summer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
looks mint!

i already have the inlet manifold from dbilas
next week i'm going to dbilas for the flowmaster to be fitted and a remap
estimated 120Hp should come of it and 135Nm (89hp; 120Nm original)

not a bad way to spend 2000€

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
looks mint!

i already have the inlet manifold from dbilas
next week i'm going to dbilas for the flowmaster to be fitted and a remap
estimated 120Hp should come of it and 135Nm (89hp; 120Nm original)

not a bad way to spend 2000€
Is the inlet manifold all you have for that gain? Or you got any other mods?

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts