Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what amp would be good for these comps
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3829.html

looking for an amp under £80 preferably. what differences would i notice in real terms (im not great with audio) by amping the comps as opposed to running straight off the headunit (alpine 9812rb)?
my mate suggested the vibe blackbox mono amp which is £65 on CAS. anything better than that for the comps for the budget? not really looking for a great install, just something thatll sound good. cheers

·
Banned
30,036 Posts
what i do mind is saying that the specific JBL is better than the Vibe hands down yet they couldn't begin to explain why?
ill explain why if you want. ive already said why a million times. dont come on here as a newbie without reading ANY other posts and start throwing your weight around. I dont rate vibe amps at all (subs are equally as poor) ill go into that in detail if you want?) They produce no where NEAR their quoted wrms values. even at 16vDC they're still miles out. How do you build a system when the manufacturing is just throwing random numbers at you?

bum man said:
So if someone who has no idea is told that a mono amp runs a lpf which is wrong either way (which they may not even understand anyway) how the hell is that gonna help them may I ask
because people on here understand what an lpf is, so im trying to get the idea accross of the mono amplifier only playing low signals. yes a 2 channel bridged amp can form a mono amplifier, but the fact is, ITS NOT A MONO AMPLIFIER, ITS A TWO CHANNEL AMPLIFIER WIRED DIFFERENTLY! why do you think it all of a sudden becomes a mono amp...?

bum man said:
But to be honest I'm not flustered about electronic components, I refuse to be told something different to what I can back up with relevant facts and knowledge on which my comments are based upon. Im flustered at the level of the feedback left by a Mod, its a joke.
Im here to help with the moderating of the running of the site, not answer all your ICE questions. ICE knowledge is nothing to do with running a forum. Im not saying different, i just had a different way of wording it. Im not arguing black is white, im trying to explain things in a way which is easy to follow. unfortunatley it appears im not as intellegent as you...

bum man said:
The joke is. I dont listen to bull****. Anyone with the ability to read this thread should be aware of you and Martins inability to discuss technical issues.

I do not care for so called 'technicians' who could complete a car install. Does not give you the knowledge to technically analyse a piece of audio hardware. Comments made in this threat, even Martins one about the amp lasting 6 seconds; an amp run like that would run perfectly built with MOSFETS, tell me this; do MOSFETS blow? And what percentage of amps run off MOSFETS, close enough to 100 for this to be a stupid comment right?
i really think youre missing something here. im a mod for the entire site. Im not here because of knowledge in any specific area. I think people on here know about my ice knowledge. I based my 6 second theory on experiance. obviously the time wasnt literally 6 seconds, i was trying to get the point accross it wont last very long. I ran a set of 6x9s from an X5 amplfier (MOSFET). the amp lasted a few mins, before a high pitched squeeking came out, then it shut down. hasnt worked since.

If you have any problems, feel free to PM me instead of ruining another thread :thumbs:

·
Banned
30,036 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.