Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone owns a GPS camera detector WITH laser detector. The reason I ask about laser detector is it seems that more and more people are getting flashed by mobile vans.

I don't speed but its just for added protection. I have had a look at the Snooper S4, has anyone else?

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
GPS detectors are updated weekly with the latest mobile van locations. As for the laser detection for the likes of a copper on a bridge with a speed gun, these can be bought extra for most gps navigators/camera detectors. Thing is if that aspect of the GPS devices is ever made illegal you would of paid for the extra option to only have it disabled down the line.

I use the Road Angel Navigator 6000. Works fine for me :) its £60 on top for the laser detection addon but having used it on a mates Nav 6000 it works a treat :)

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
All the Laser detectors on the GPS units are pretty mince to be honest with you. There is a few websites that test them all against each other.

The best stand alone laser/radar detectors, by far are the Bel 990/Bel Euro 550 and the Snooper S5 (if you can get your hands on a second hand one, not to be mixed up with the Snooper S5-R).

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
see my for sale thread mate you dont need a detector if you have a jammer

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, the GPS will hold all fixed point cameras as well as mobile hotspots, whilst the laser detector will actually detect laser signals coming from mobile vans and handheld guns?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts