Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, Dads just been on the phone to my insurance for past hour. Basically, I filled out the MaxPower show us your car thingy with a load of things I've done/want to do/planning. Anyhoo, they found my car and saw the pics. Now most things were declared, however a few things werent (both mine and my fajaaaz fault.)

All in all, it's cost us £400, more money pissed away to an insurance company, but at least I know now that if some **** crashes into me, I won't have to rip off my SRI mirrors etc.

So yeah, just a word of warning, don't post pics up, at least showing your reg, if you've been a little bit shy with your insurance company.

[Waits for everyone to have a go about driving without valid insurance, fair enough, but I coulda blagged it I reckon.]

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
Who found your car? how did they know you didn't declare everything?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Unlucky mate! Could be for the best though, at least your now covered :thumbs:

Wouldn't display my Regy on the net anyway, too many ****ers about..

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know, I'm with Tesco. It's really pissed me off tbh with ya.
Like I say, mixed blame really; Dad told me he'd declared my full irmy kit when really he'd not been arsed to ring, I told him the alloys shouldn't make a difference and I could blag it coz of them being VX.

Like you say, at least now I can knock down some gimp that works at MaxPower knowing that I can have my car repaired afterwards.

And BigBrother, that was a joke before you have the Police ringing me.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do they know that it might have been a photoshop?
Because you get to list everything in boxes that youve done and plan to do in a plead to get featured, pretty cool, just cost me £400 though :lol:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Most insurance companies and car manufactures do scan mags for mods / parts that would void a warrenty.

If you going to post up pics or spec lists at least use a fake name, location and blank the number plate ;)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
tesco dont cover modified cars i was on tesco but add to change cause they wouldnt cover my corsa c
I'm with tesco, depends on who you speak to though as prices can change rapidly. my re newel went up £20 when I got a new job :shrug:

·
Registered
979 Posts
haha, cant believe that. None of my mods are declared to be honest, i need to ring them up, still aint got round to it yet.

My mate tried getting his wheels declared on his Bora a while back but was told he wouldnt be covered because they make his car go faster! PMSL - a car that has 15s standard but now has 18s, really makes the car go faster doesnt it.

Hes insured with norwich union which i believe have been voted the least favourite insurance company in the newspaper today

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
same here! tesco wouldn't insure me if it was modified! so had to keep it hush hush for a year! then just changed insurance!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts