Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the standard speakers and fitted some kenny 13cm speakers. They sound alright but the rears are alot better! Could do with the rears in the front as well some 6x9's 3 way or smething!

Has anyone ever fitted larger than 13cm in front door speakers? Can you fit 6x9's in door somehow? I know you can't fix them to the door plastic as its too flimsy but could you make something to fix them to door metal at all?

Eventually getting amp and two 10" subs when got money, so far only got front 13cm kennys and rear 3 way kennys instead of rear speakers at back. Can you get to these rear speakers cause I can't see any way in to them? Whats best sound set up for c then?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it sounds a bit stupid but I think the standard vauxhall speakers sounded better than my new kenny ones!

The ones I took out were 17cm I think, these new ones are only 13cm... don't ask me why I went for 13cm!?!

Mine are kenny 13cm 2 way 110 watt they were only about £30. But looking around I've seen some kenny 17cm 2 way 140 watt and up for only about £45.

Would this extra 30 watt and the larger speaker make a lot of difference? Enough to have to take the bloody door panel off again? Not forgetting wasting £30 of speakers which have hardly been used?

They do crackle a bit when its up loud back are fine as they are 6 x 9's (big buggers) but is this because I only got vauxhall CD player in still, will this change when I get my new kenny HU in?

Looks are important, but you've got to have some good tunes for those neons to bounce to!

·
Registered
112 Posts
lol..think a bot those speekers in argos? just wanted to replace mines...but there pretty pish m8, i got pioneer 17cm ones now 60 watt rms cost about 90quid

·
Registered
453 Posts
I went for Pioneer 17cm components in the front 220w max and 60w nom & Pioneer 6x9s in the back, also 1 12" db audio rapter sub in a sealed box in the boot with a 1.5 farad power cap and legacy amp.
This all sounds good, for me anyway :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Dynamat is always good to improve the sound.........

Behind the speakers and also around the mounting area. Not too ££ either!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
17cm Vibe SEK-60 V3 in my Corsa's front doors connected to a 4 channel Infinity amp. Got to say it sounds spot on, I don't want to leave the car it's that great :D

Some speakers may actually require the Astra/Vectra adaptors though, I know mine did.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Stiffer baffle and better sealed so the bass response is better and its overall more efficient as not of the volume is lost through rattling/flex of the door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts