Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after changing the speakers in the doors, but does anyone know the size?

thanks

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
16.5cm (6.5") ;) you will need mounting brackets as well (Corsa B ones work ;))

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you buy these from halfords?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i got 17cm's (i think) in the fronts (Alpine Type-S) just have to buy Autoleads speaker adapters from halfords (main stock item)
Rear standard speakers are 13cm too :thumbs:

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
i got 17cm's (i think) in the fronts (Alpine Type-S) just have to buy Autoleads speaker adapters from halfords (main stock item)
Rear standard speakers are 13cm too :thumbs:
yeh sizes do vary for some reason, some say 16.5cm whilst others say 17cm :\ but both fit :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
im thinkin of changing mine next paycheck! was wonderin how easy it is to do? and im not the most electronically minded person....
cheers

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
dead easy mate. Buy the speaker brackets from Halfrauds and they come with a connector that plugs in to the lead for the original speaker. Install the mounting brackets, and screw new speaker to that after connecting the wires ;) Cant get the wires round the wrong way, as one pin is smaller then the other :thumbs:

·
Registered
177 Posts
can the tweeter that comes with the components just replace the original one? iv bn lookin and they seem to come with this lil box thing. wats this? lol see i reli dont hav a clue haha

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
can the tweeter that comes with the components just replace the original one? iv bn lookin and they seem to come with this lil box thing. wats this? lol see i reli dont hav a clue haha
yeh you can replace the tweeter, but its not easy :look: i still havent got around to doing mine. As for the box, its meant for splitting the sound running down the wires so you have an output for a tweeter and output for comp speaker. However, not entirely sure if thats required as already got the two connections there :look:

·
Registered
682 Posts
yeh you can replace the tweeter, but its not easy :look: i still havent got around to doing mine. As for the box, its meant for splitting the sound running down the wires so you have an output for a tweeter and output for comp speaker. However, not entirely sure if thats required as already got the two connections there :look:
id put the crossover in aswell mate , especially if your going to be amping them in the future

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
eh am i missing something? you just pull off the cover, take out old tweeter then put in new tweeter? whats so hard about that?

·
Registered
925 Posts
id put the crossover in aswell mate , especially if your going to be amping them in the future
you should DEFINATELY use the crossover that comes with the components because without it theres little point to you upgrading.

Whats your budget? Are you looking for something really loud/amazing quality or just a quick upgrade?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I'm possibly going to change mine this week, anybody got any reccomended speakers (links please) as I haven't a clue.

Would prefer Alpine stuff too.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm possibly going to change mine this week, anybody got any reccomended speakers (links please) as I haven't a clue.

Would prefer Alpine stuff too.
again, whats your budget? Are you looking to amp them or not? If not what heaudnit you got?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts