Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I've only seen the converter to single din facia by autoleads or vaux. Think you'd have to make a custom facia to make it double-din.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I was also wondering this as i want to put a motirised in dash screen + seperate dvd-fm-cd all tht rubbish below it :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yea thats what i've been wanting to do as dont really want a mounted tft screen where people can see it but i didnt want to loose my stereo so was wondering if i could have a double and stick them both in :)

Would just need to figure out how to wire them both up:?:

Would have the split the wires or somthing i assume

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
did you use a double din facia? ifso where did you get it from :?:

And also how did you go about wiring the tv and the stereo :?:

Cheers

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the double din fasica backplate that was used to hold the double din headunit, has been designed so that you can put in two headunits, as it has a bit of metal sticking out from the sides in da middle for two headunits to hold

·
Registered
184 Posts
True, the 2005 series radio is actually a single Din unit, but the face is shaped to look like a double din, two single din units will fit in no probs!

·
Registered
599 Posts
havent got a clue mate the place where im getting all the stuff fitted are doing it!!! when i pick it up ill email u!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Done it!... what you have to do is remove the old cage. If you hold together the two single DIN units they will only just fit into the gap, they won't fit in the old cage, this was only split like it for the factory fitted CD players.

So take out the cage and what I did was place the CD player in the bottom but make a bracket to stop it from pushing back, but also removed its cage as well for it to fit. Then fit a spacer above the CD player and slide in the screen. Then you have to clamp them both together using zip straps going under them both and over the main plastic dash bit under the vents section. When all clamped that thing ain't going nowhere!

The wiring is simple, just fit your CD player with the adapter for that make and cut into it for the screen power. But cut into the ignition wire not the perm power as this will only annoy you later on when you have to turn it all off after you've turned the car off! Cut into the ignition wire for power and wire it to the neutral earth wire on the CD player.

Thats about it really... not much to it just have a lot of wires behind the HU so be carefull when pushing it all in! As for the fascia, you have to cut down from the single opening all the way through so that your left with a three sided frame, this will just clip into place as its all pretty tight when fitted anyway!

If you have any probs let me know, I did this myself, which is the best way to learn, and didn't actually brake anything this time!!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
As good as tho instructions are i didnt understand it :oops:

Any chance of pictures to go with this as they speak a 1000 words..which i need in my case :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
only problem is that when its in if you pull it all out again you have to start from scratch with clamping it all together and tieing it up. So not at the mo, it will be out agin when I paint all the surrounds when I get time, sorry matey.

Just pull it out and have a good look behind it, thats all I did, just felt my way round it all, the wiring is simple, so have a go you can always put everything back if you don't want to cut any wires!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts