Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to perform the drill hole fix as a temporary measure to keep the car running (remove carpets, drill drainage holes). I was wondering if there is anything under the car that could be potentially damaged by drilling the holes.

Although this is a bodge, unfortunately, to get all the rubber seals fixed is going to cost upwards of £600 at the only local garage we could find to take on the job. All other garage refused.

The corsa is a first time drivers car and will be scrapped after he passes his driving test.

Can anybody who's done this fix confim it's enough to stop inside condensation and mold?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Fixing the water leak is quite simple with a basic understanding of tools and diy maintenance.
Plenty of youtube video's on it as well, although most do not remove the servo plate to re seal and later it leaks again. The cost is minimal for parts, 1 tube of Tiger seal is usually under £10.
Drilling holes will only cause more problems as Iiviu said.
£600 is far to much even for a garage to charge for this job.
On the Facebook Tigra owners groups there is a guy called John Simpson i think? who does the water leak fix at your house for £150.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fixing the water leak is quite simple with a basic understanding of tools and diy maintenance.
Plenty of youtube video's on it as well, although most do not remove the servo plate to re seal and later it leaks again. The cost is minimal for parts, 1 tube of Tiger seal is usually under £10.
Drilling holes will only cause more problems as Iiviu said.
£600 is far to much even for a garage to charge for this job.
On the Facebook Tigra owners groups there is a guy called John Simpson i think? who does the water leak fix at your house for £150.
I've seen this listing also on Facebook under the corsa c forums he's to far out of my area think he based in Midlands

1 - 4 of 4 Posts