Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post on here as I have searched around for hours with no luck.

I have a Y reg corsa c. Its been through an accident and to repair it cheaply, I stuck a facelift bonnet and bumper on it and used the facelift headlights. the black plates that hold the headlight to the bumper has snapped on the driver's side.
My issue is that I get the fast flash on the inside and outside but with no power to the front indicator (head lights and high beams work fine). I have to kick the headlight to make it work and even then that isnt guaranteed to last long. I have tried pressing the connections and stuff but only kicking it works. without buying a new headlight, can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
First can you post a photo as the headlamp is not fitted to the bumper on a Corsa C. There are 2 screws on the top to the slam panel and on on the side just under the wing.
Have you checked for power at the head lamp plug?
Sounds a bit like you have a broken wire in the headlamp though or bad connection on the bulb holder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First can you post a photo as the headlamp is not fitted to the bumper on a Corsa C. There are 2 screws on the top to the slam panel and on on the side just under the wing.
Have you checked for power at the head lamp plug?
Sounds a bit like you have a broken wire in the headlamp though or bad connection on the bulb holder.

Sorry Im not too clued up on cars, the slam panel is what i meant, both black clips for the screws have snapped off. I just wanna get it through its MOT so I have someone coming to have a look at the wiring but I have a feeling Im gonna have to get a new set of headlights from a scrappy

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Some times you can screw a bit of metal to the head lamp and hold it in place. But long term fitting a new lamp is the best answer.
It may even be a faulty relay causing the problem as when they start to fail they will give varying faults. It is the big yellow relay in the box next to the battery. Check wiring first though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've wiggled the wire about, refit the wires and have had a new indicator bulb holder for a couple of months and it still trips out a bit. I got a quick quote from a scrapyard for both headlights for £60 but I think this is too high from a scrappy

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
My Combo came with h/lights that had been in Spain enough to get the fuzzy/yellowed look and, although they passed the MOT, I got some reflector style replacements locally from ebay for £2.20/pr - also needing a bit of polish but definitely an improvement. I later got a pair of facelift projectors locally off ebay for £9 in very clean condition.

I appreciate that scrapyards have labour and overheads, but wanting £60 for a pair off a whole car they paid £200 for is a rubbish business model when thousands of dead Cs are out there. Do an ebay search, modify the search to "nearest first" and or "cheapest incl p+p" and the idea of paying £60 will quickly evaporate. I know that £20-30 per lamp is a common try-it-on but they never sell, unless someone desperately needs one and doesn't look too thoroughly. If a local privateer comes up ("corsa c breaking" is another useful ebay search) offer £20/pr. Honestly, they won't get a better offer. Some things have little demand and therefore value.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My Combo came with h/lights that had been in Spain enough to get the fuzzy/yellowed look and, although they passed the MOT, I got some reflector style replacements locally from ebay for £2.20/pr - also needing a bit of polish but definitely an improvement. I later got a pair of facelift projectors locally off ebay for £9 in very clean condition.

I appreciate that scrapyards have labour and overheads, but wanting £60 for a pair off a whole car they paid £200 for is a rubbish business model when thousands of dead Cs are out there. Do an ebay search, modify the search to "nearest first" and or "cheapest incl p+p" and the idea of paying £60 will quickly evaporate. I know that £20-30 per lamp is a common try-it-on but they never sell, unless someone desperately needs one and doesn't look too thoroughly. If a local privateer comes up ("corsa c breaking" is another useful ebay search) offer £20/pr. Honestly, they won't get a better offer. Some things have little demand and therefore value.
I must be doing well then as I sell them for £40 a unit off the car if they are 100% and with the motors working and bulbs. :oops: That's collected as well. It would be £10 a unit to ship them in the UK.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It depends on what's required. I don't think my purchases would interest owners of immaculate Cs, but do-the-job, pass-the-MOT lights to solve a problem ones are available by the shedload as the C was the best selling small hatchback in its day and many are now lingering in the pounds. Sounds like the OP is keeping a runner on the road and that sort of used part is plentiful so a hazy pair of reflectors is not currently worth much (judging by the B, and especially the Nova, they will be in time - but not right now). I was quite surprised that nobody else bid against me for the clean projes, though. A lot comes down to being in no hurry and having nothing better to do than scour the ads - which sums up my social life :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts