Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right have aftermarket comps which are amped and all the shitty cheap plastic on door rattles like ***! Anyone else notice this! Is it worth Dynamating the whole door or just around the speakers?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I cut away the plastic around the speaker and dynamated round it and then behind as well as inside the door on the reverse side of the door skin. Sounded much better.

I punctured the door plastic with a few holes in it - that way the air got through better and it stopped rattling. :wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had my local ice dealer do mine he covered the inner and outer skin just to be sure, i guess it is all abojut time it took him just over 3 hours to do both doors what i would say is start with just round the speaker and see how you get on if your still not happy just go to town and do the whole bloody door, i must say i noticed the difference after a few days once it had time to flex with the panel movement. oh yeah and i used brown bread instead of dynamat as it was recomended to me.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
rekindling this post on sound deadening, any1 know if its best to just buy those dynamat packs that jus do around the speaker cos there like 10/15 quid or shud i buy actual rolls of the stuff. aint there any other cheap way of sound deadening from like hardware stores like b&q - u neva kno coz im sure ive herd somewhere that some1 used something from b&q but duno wot...

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Tht was flashing tape for roofs that they were using Sav, and it's a cheap, nasty way and not all that effective.

K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts