Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I'd be interested in this info too! What they meant to do, give better performance and fuel usage?

S

·
0 Posts
kash said:
Never heard of them, what are they? :?
Its a little value which fits in your engine not 100% sure where they go though, think they are made my Pipercross.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its an oil filter so i've heard, its ment to improve fuel consumption and give a slight performance gain. not heard of them for the SXI though, shame cos id have one. the ones i've seen are around £18. anyone know of them for the SXI :?:

·
Registered
417 Posts
they are all the same i have but i don't know about fitting to the sxi look on the ecotek site thats where i got my info from its on there.If you do get 1 its best to get the filter with it at the same time cos they block up and don't give you much more power and stuff and they normally go on the brake servo.but they r good and they make your car sound louder after a bit to! :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Blackfaith said:
Its an oil filter so i've heard, its ment to improve fuel consumption and give a slight performance gain. not heard of them for the SXI though, shame cos id have one. the ones i've seen are around £18. anyone know of them for the SXI :?:
what you on about mate it fits all models of cars it's universal and cost about £50 then about £20 for the filter that goes with it.bassically it fits between your brake servo and inlet manifold it improves the way the car runs and gives you better fuel economy they are noisy little things if you don't get the air filter that goes with it.they also lower emmisions

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have not fitted it yet :-( Want to get a replacement hose first so that I Know I can swop it out if needs be.

Will let u know when I have done it !

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Ok, found it!

www.ecotekplc.com

There are pics of it on a 2002 Corsa C, details of what it does, and a list of suppliers, of which there loads, everywhere. Just read on migweb that someone bought one for £48.99, and now wants to sell it!

Hope this helps ya :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
the ecoteck valve is to aerate the fuel isn't it? to make it burn better or sommat? don't quote me though.

and yes, they make a funny whirring noise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts