Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. - Newbie so dont flame me if I post in the wrong area.....

I have a Corsa C after years of reliable service and some TLC along the way today its decided it wont start. it cranks over but doen't fire.
the spanner in the car is flashing and so I thought immobiliser, I have OpCom and check the fault codes.
strangly in the BCM it shows vehicle identification not present/ set or missing cant remember the exact working.
I cant talk to the engine or immobiliser or the IPC at all, opcom just sits there and ignores me.
I know it did work as in the past I cleared fault codes.
I unplugged the ECU and gave the connectors a clean, there was a little oil in one of them. whilst the plugs were out i checked the fault codes on the ABS & BCM again and both were complaining that the ECU wasnt present.
after plugging it back in and trying again. the fault codes int he ECU and ABS were clear and I assume both modules could talk to the ECU. but I still cannot communcate with the immobiliser or ECU.

am I facing a faulty ECU, has anyone got any pointers please. thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
man if you can talk to some ECU but not one ... and you clean the connector and sometime it goes ... I would say that connector if the ECU is not fried

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Do you have both of the EML lights come on the dash when you first key on? The spanner and the engine one? If not check the fuses and the relays.
As you have had oil in ECU plug and after cleaning you still have a fault it is possible the ECU is dead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts