Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Corsa C.

Recently I was diagnosing an issue with opcom. The tool worked fine, but I am left with a niggling query about how it connects to the ECU.

I get that it uses pin 7 when connecting to the ECU - presumably these pins are pre-configured in the software. However looking at the wiring diagram (see image below) for the diagnostic interface pin 7 does not connect to the ECU. I have drilled down in the diagram more, but dont see any connections to the engine that trace back to pin 7. The other pins make sense and align with what I observe in the opcom software, e.g. pin 8 for BCU, pin 12 for instruments.

Is this just an issue with the wiring diagrams?

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
Link data line. I had a vectra that was pin 7 and pin 3 I think was a long time ago. Pin 3 was for dashboard and abs only. But could test these without ignition on. But main line starts with immobilisers as ignition has to be on and system open to read.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The current car headlights are can bus, so if they give, let's put 2 resistance, it turns on the brake, 5 fog and 23 flashing, in the same way that the ecu can use a pin for many reports thanks to varying resistance or resistance impulses, They are themselves connected to each other and all interspersed with all, for example vectra C, that the temperature outside the tid is given by the bcm, and the sensor goes to the bcm, in the corsa the sensor goes directly and only to the screen , or like some renault and citroen, like the scenic 1 and c5 1, which have it in the mirror and is valid for the air conditioning and the information on the screen

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
If you are having problems verifying units on data line. Check fuse box to the right hand corner under the wind screen will need a trox screwdriver. There are a few important fuses in there. Bit fiddly to get cover off but think it’s supposed to be. 2000-2006.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Link data line. I had a vectra that was pin 7 and pin 3 I think was a long time ago. Pin 3 was for dashboard and abs only. But could test these without ignition on. But main line starts with immobilisers as ignition has to be on and system open to read.
Yep, thinking about it this does make some sense that the immobiliser prevents direct access to the ECU to make it harder to bypass without key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.