Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
This has more than likely been asked many times but I can't seem to find the information.
im looking to turbo my z18xe and I've become stuck with the ecu side of it. I know dbilas do a remap on the ecu but dose that only work with there kits as I'm placing together bits my self..ie i have turbo fmic 2.5 inch piping and the dbilas turbo manifold and lines so far but now I'm stuck with the ecu side of it..
Is there a standalone out there that any one could recommend at all and or any information would be 100% appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The dbilas map will work but is unlikely to be correct for a home brew setup. There are two active users on here with z18xe turbos and both run DTA ECUs. One ,NathanD , has it fitted in a pure road car and for that it needs to be fitted in conjunction with the stock ECU as that's required for the dash to function. The other, mine, is a little more hard core and is completely standalone.
If you are going the standalone route and have a tuner in mind speak to them first and see if they have a preference for the ECU so you aren't paying them £100 hour to learn how to map it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dbilas map will work but is unlikely to be correct for a home brew setup. There are two active users on here with z18xe turbos and both run DTA ECUs. One ,NathanD , has it fitted in a pure road car and for that it needs to be fitted in conjunction with the stock ECU as that's required for the dash to function. The other, mine, is a little more hard core and is completely standalone.
If you are going the standalone route and have a tuner in mind speak to them first and see if they have a preference for the ECU so you aren't paying them £100 hour to learn how to map it.
Thank you for your reply @Mr drew
Is the Dta ecu a brand of ecu or is like a piggyback. And also if you don't mind me asking what standalone are you using please buddy or possibly any preferences. Should I try speaking with @NathanD as you mentioned.
Thank you for your time 🤙

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The UK's best mapper for the DTA ECU's was Stealth Racing in Warwickshire. Not sure if they are still going though?
There a a few in other groups/forums who have gone full stand alone now as there is no one in the UK who can do a decent custom map using DBilas software.
Nathan has been doing a few track days now I think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts