Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any software that can open and edit the original ECU map?
I already have copied the original map to my PC using kwp2000+ but I can not
open or edit it to change certain parameters.Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Unless you know all about fuel and ignition maps and how to map them effectively I would stay clear and let the pros do it.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
be carefull with that hardware, it can mis write your ecu!!! like mine did,if you got it from ebay i bet you paid around 100 for the hardware?

i made the same mistake and had to pay a guy who knew what he was doing.

byte shooter is a common one, the guy showed me whats involved.. i did programing at college for a few years, n i didnt understand one bit..

be careful

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I allready have the original map saved in my pc.I can erase and flash it in my ECU anytime.I just wanna mess with it a bit and try to improve the torque..If it doesnt work I ll install the original map back.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
yeh thats what i did...

and then the actual interface was just a cheap clone, as the only company that makes the kwp2000 plus is a lil korean company...

i joined a chip tuning forum and all of them didnt want to kno, as its a common problem, people using sh*te tools....

anyways best of luck to ya

·
Registered
34 Posts
You must know something CORSASKY, when you remap your ECU, there is a engine starting code.
if you make an error with this code, the engine will not start...and the Ecu will block himself automatically, in this case, you have to buy an other ECU, because one time that it blocked, there is no solution!
a new ECU will be necessary.
two times i had this probleme.
be careful!

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
You must know something CORSASKY, when you remap your ECU, there is a engine starting code.
if you make an error with this code, the engine will not start...and the Ecu will block himself automatically, in this case, you have to buy an other ECU, because one time that it blocked, there is no solution!
a new ECU will be necessary.
two times i had this probleme.
be careful!
Lol at giving the ECU a gender.

·
Registered
516 Posts
yeh thats what i did...

and then the actual interface was just a cheap clone, as the only company that makes the kwp2000 plus is a lil korean company...

i joined a chip tuning forum and all of them didnt want to kno, as its a common problem, people using sh*te tools....

anyways best of luck to ya
whats the forum you joined is it for people who re mapp cars???

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
it was a chip tuning site, had a weird name like r2d2 or sumert

and they are extremely touchy, about anyone whos bought anything off ebay...

but you do get firms pm'ing u asking if you want a map tuning email them the original map.

cheapest i saw ws £75 for a map, but that says it all really...

one guy offered a base map from a car live mapped with similar mods. £235

·
Registered
516 Posts
it was a chip tuning site, had a weird name like r2d2 or sumert

and they are extremely touchy, about anyone whos bought anything off ebay...

but you do get firms pm'ing u asking if you want a map tuning email them the original map.

cheapest i saw ws £75 for a map, but that says it all really...

one guy offered a base map from a car live mapped with similar mods. £235
maybe give them a miss then lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts